Fixed Star Emblem Cheese in Haunted Heights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leekodot15

Leeko.bat
I have no idea if I got lucky or not, due to how impractical testing is, but as tails (presumably everyone else as well, so long as they can get up,) it is possible to jump on the spot where the emblem is housed and obtain it without having to break the thing. Doesn't break the game, it's just cheese.

Can you post a screenshot or GIF as evidence? It would really help so people know how to replicate this supposed glitch.

I don't have gif evidence either but I know this is, in fact, a real glitch, because this is exactly how I got this emblem

Examining the emblem's location in Zone Builder, I have two ideas that could possibly fix this emblem cheese, even if I haven't replicated the supposed glitch myself. One of my ideas is likely to fix the glitch, the other not as likely.

Likely idea: Deepen the floor where the emblem is found. Right now, the floor containing the emblem is 840 fracunits high, while the top of the bustable block (and floor surrounding it) are 904 fracunits high—that's a difference of merely 64 fracunits, less than even Knuckles' jump height. See below.

tqk6JRF.png

Unlikely idea: Mark the bustable block as "strong characters only", like floors Amy and Fang can break usually are. Probably won't change anything, since you mentioned you didn't have to break the block to get this emblem, but would be good for consistency.

Honestly, easiest way to decheese the cheese would be to do what you said and move the emblem down a little. I theorize the hitbox is juuust high enough to where characters can hit it. It would only need a few fracunits of adjustment. Just a little quirk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back