SSL connect error. (fixed)

A_3TO_GAS_MAN*(RUS)*

Very likes Tea, Video Games, and I guess Robots.
I need help please

A half of master server not work on my pc!
I cant use a server browser (in srb2)
but with command "connect" I can join on servers.
and sare i dont know what doing.

maybe master server banned by Roskomnadzor.
or my win 8 cant connect to rooms of master server...

please help me! (or get me tea)

I need help please

A half of master server not work on my pc!
I cant use a server browser (in srb2)
but with command "connect" I can join on servers.
and sare i dont know what doing.

maybe master server banned by Roskomnadzor.
or my win 8 cant connect to rooms of master server...

please help me! (or get me tea)
You're saying you can't connect to half of the Master Server, or are you saying that because you can only join servers using the console command?
...You can't even use the in-game browser, nevermind.
You might need to check your internet, or check in the game options that you haven't changed the Master Server name. Otherwise...you may have to check to see if you can connect later.
I'm not great at helping, I know.

Also, have some tea. ☕
Yes, I put honey in it.

You're saying you can't connect to half of the Master Server, or are you saying that because you can only join servers using the console command?
Console command only

You can't even use the in-game browser, nevermind.
No. I Cant use the in-game browser

You might need to check your internet, or check in the game options that you haven't changed the Master Server name.
I already checked the Master Server
All like on Master Server browser in mb.srb2.org

Otherwise...you may have to check to see if you can connect later.
I'm not great at helping, I know.
I too know it

Also, have some tea. ☕
Yes, I put honey in it.
Well thanks ( U wU)
Post automatically merged:

o'key, I try joined in browser again,
again SSL error.
and for joke I try connected to https://mb.srb2.org/MS/0/room/ in Chrome.
and apparently from what I see
rooms 33 28 and 38 I get a bug in srb2.

hmm try connected on old versions?

Last edited:
I little forgot it
Plus Windows on my computer was install by repairer. (I most gaming boy than pc boy)
But I think it's in 2021/2022
Update and try again
Hold on, I see that STJr changed the certificate for mb.srb2.org. You should have installed updates after 2020. If you did, it's probably not the issue I imagined you have. It's very bad anyway that you haven't installed updates to your operating system, so it wouldn't hurt to do that anyway, but it may or may not solve your "SSL" issue; I can troubleshoot it further but I'll leave it at that for the time being, sorry. (Maybe someone else could help you with this?)

Last edited:
Update and try again
Hold on, I see that STJr changed the certificate for mb.srb2.org. You should have installed updates after 2020. If you did, it's probably not the issue I imagined you have. It's very bad anyway that you haven't installed updates to your operating system, so it wouldn't hurt to do that anyway, but it may or may not solve your "SSL" issue; I can troubleshoot it further but I'll leave it at that for the time being, sorry. (Maybe someone else could help you with this?)

You like on me, talk complete nonsense and then edit. Lol

Well, okey.

Why I else in 2023 played with srb2 browser

And he today broken?

Why I still can connect on servers with command "connect" if I not updated Windows?

And Why I can connect to master server by my browser Google Chrome™️? (if I else cant update him on Windows 8)

I'm writing this post with the assumption that your issue is the original issue I imagined you had.

Why I else in 2023 played with srb2 browser
STJr updated the certificate of mb.srb2.org in May 2023; if you played in 2023 before May, you may had not had a problem.
Why I still can connect on servers with command "connect" if I not updated Windows?
You're encountering a TLS (dubbed "SSL") issue connecting to the master server. Individual SRB2 servers don't use TLS, only the master server does.
And Why I can connect to master server by my browser Google Chrome™️? (if I else cant update him on Windows 8)
The issue I originally imagined you had is caused by the mb.srb2.org domain using a TLS certificate that's signed by a certificate authority that your computer doesn't know about, because the certificate authority was created in October 2022, and many SRB2 players apparently hadn't installed security updates on their computers since October 2022. SRB2 consults the certificate store of your operating system, which is why it encounters an issue if the operating system isn't updated with the new certificate authority in its certificate store; Google Chrome uses its own certificate store that is updated independently from the operating system, meaning that if you run the latest Google Chrome on a Windows 8 computer that hadn't been updated since October 2022 you would not encounter a security error trying to browse the SRB2 Message Board with Google Chrome but you would get a security error in SRB2 trying to connect to the master server.

STJr updated the certificate of mb.srb2.org in May 2023; if you played in 2023 before May, you may had not had a problem.
The Master Server browser broke three days ago
One sec...
IT WAS MAY!?

Last edited:
The Master Server browser broke three days ago

One sec...
IT WAS MAY!?
You're talking about something else. I am not talking about the master server browser on ms.srb2.org, I'm talking about the master server and the SRB2 Message Board on mb.srb2.org.

You're talking about something else. I am not talking about the master server browser on ms.srb2.org, I'm talking about the master server and the SRB2 Message Board on mb.srb2.org.
Now i just plays the idiot.
I already get it what is my problem.
And thanks you for help!
Well, I again edit my comment

You mean this? masterserver "https://mb.srb2.org/MS/" must be masterserver "http://mb.srb2.org/MS/" without the s? Maybe it's a windows security thing
Yea,
It's true.
But it's looks dumb...

Cmon, what's bad in (S)?

You mean this? masterserver "https://mb.srb2.org/MS/" must be masterserver "http://mb.srb2.org/MS/" without the s? Maybe it's a windows security thing
its a URL thing. the S in https means secure and i think that has to do with things that conflict with other apps connecting to the page.
i barely have any idea what im talking about but the same thing happens with trackmania so thats how i know it does that sometimes

Well, I fix my problem with Master Server list,
Thanks Panda!

But what bad in (S)?
Yea,
It's true.
But it's looks dumb...

Cmon, what's bad in (S)?
HTTPS is a combination of plain HTTP with TLS. TLS is an added layer that provides security. What it means is that when you connect to https://mb.srb2.org/… (HTTPS) you know for sure that the webpage you get is definitely from mb.srb2.org and not someone who intercepted the connection in the middle and pretends to be the webpage you expect.
There's two implications for using plain HTTP rather than HTTPS with the master server: First, everything will be sent clearly, meaning that anyone who "listens" to your Internet connection from outside could know the exact SRB2 version you play with and the list of servers registered in the master server, which is public information anyway — you've most probably got nothing to worry about this aspect; and second, if there's a security vulnerability in SRB2, that is, there's a serious bug in how SRB2 processes information it gets from the master server, if you'd use plain HTTP it would be possible for someone "listening" to your Internet connection to pretend to be the master server and respond with a special, malicious response that will exploit that vulnerability and allow them to remotely penetrate your computer, acquiring the privileges of the user account running SRB2 on your computer. The master server functionality is simple enough, so there's probably no vulnerability, and if you have an antivirus you're even more protected, so there's not much for you to worry about.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back