• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

ssbss_supersmashbros64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibs

Just Someone
July 25, 2008: I will be using textures from Super Smash Bros. to make the mod look more like the game. How I get my hands on the textures, I will not reveal, but just know now the game will look better.

EDIT: Actually, I forgot that the MP3s were converted to Ogg. So, yeah, they're actually Oggs. Yup.

I've recently taken it upon myself to make a level pack for SSBSS that adds levels resembling the original levels from the N64 Super Smash Bros.

Screenies:
Hyrule Castle

Congo Jungle:

And here's the download link for this mod. Note that it, being the first versions, are unpolished and basic. I'll be updating this in the weeks to come. Also, there are only the two levels shown in the screens. There will definitely be more to come.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6wggnh

BTW, I put the wrong sky for Hyrule Castle. I'll fix that in the next version which will come out soon.

If you want to know what's going on in this mod, I'll be updating my sig for progress in the pack.

Please enjoy. I'm open to criticism.

I'll give you my review later after the master server comes up or someone will test it with me.

EDIT: I WAS ALONE.....................

MAP07 - 2.7/10
No detail

MAP08 4.2/10
Cramped

Donovan the hedgehog said:
I'll give you my review later after the master server comes up or someone will test it with me.
I'll test...it's boring to test alone, espicially if it's ssbss.

Donovan the hedgehog said:

EDIT: I WAS ALONE.....................

MAP07 - 2.7/10
No detail

I figured that would be a problem.

MAP08 4.2/10
Cramped

Really? It was actually pretty wide to me.

Akuma TH said:
Hey, is SSBSS still in going on because I've been gone and I'm kinda lost lately.

You mean is SSBSS still popular? Well, not completely, but I'm still making it.

For Congo Jumgle, ( I think it was Kongo ) there's a forest-like background in SRB2. I don't know what number it is, but that should probably be used.

_Manic_ said:
For Congo Jumgle, ( I think it was Kongo ) there's a forest-like background in SRB2. I don't know what number it is, but that should probably be used.

Okay, to my knowledge, there is no jungle sky, but I can import a sky texture to make a jungle sky.

Chisuun said:
_Manic_ said:

Okay, to my knowledge, there is no jungle sky, but I can import a sky texture to make a jungle sky.

There is a forest sky already in SRB2, Chisuun. It's SKY54 in fact.

Monster Iestyn said:
Chisuun said:
_Manic_ said:

There is a forest sky already in SRB2, Chisuun. It's SKY54 in fact.

Okay thanks. I'll be working on making Hyrule Castle more scenic. And I don't really like ripping textures, I just use the ones in SRB2.

light dasher said:
heh, I'm doing this...Just...with brawl levels =P

BRAWL LEVELS ARE CHEAP!!!

If you remove the background and add the sky of GFZ1 what do you get for those levels?

Halberd are just 2 plataforms

Lylat Cruise looks more like battlefield than the great fox

Greenhillzone is just a road with diagonal places

DO you need to hear more?

The New Pork city wich was suppoused to look like Hyrule Temple is more air than actual road

Spear Pillar is just a plataform over plataform

In melee stages were the background of the brawl stages, the background is awesome so thats why I like more melee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back