SRB2Wii thread (v2.0.0 RC4, news update 27/11/2010 10:46)

This update kicks ass,although I wish changes would save
on the options in-game when they are made.

So what does it mean by wad loading not working entirely? I mean, is it not working at all, or is it just not working for some wads?

The game doesn't work for me either. I get "'/mnt/sd/srb2wii/base_config.cfg': No such file or directory". I also get this error: "Wii Remote Joystick device could not be found. Try increasing timeout for the Wii Remote device node detection".

"Try increasing timeout for the Wii Remote device node detection" - I don't even know how to do that 0_0

The game doesn't work for me either. I get "'/mnt/sd/srb2wii/base_config.cfg': No such file or directory". I also get this error: "Wii Remote Joystick device could not be found. Try increasing timeout for the Wii Remote device node detection".

"Try increasing timeout for the Wii Remote device node detection" - I don't even know how to do that 0_0

Same thing with me

Oh, looks like base_config.cfg and wminput.conf didn't get installed into the system... I'm not at home right now, though I'm returning soon. I'll reupload this as soon as I can. The Wii Remote node detection error is caused by it not waiting long enough for the Wii Remote system to start (or the system not starting at all). The note to increase the time is a suggestion to the developer, not the user. As for base_config.cfg, that's a given, and if that is not available, SRB2 won't work.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Okay, uploaded a fixed binary. Go crazy.

Last edited:
OKay, the first setup screen if you're a first user is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to read. Up to resolution 4x or something, that's just ridiculous.

Also, you seem to have forgotten zones.dta in it. I've already put it in, but just a heads up.

I've got a bug to report! I was in Castle Eggman in "Host Server" mode with the internet connection Off. I went into the water for a good 30 seconds I believe and for some reason the SRB2Wii Menu music started playing and the game froze up.

OKay, the first setup screen if you're a first user is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to read. Up to resolution 4x or something, that's just ridiculous.

Also, you seem to have forgotten zones.dta in it. I've already put it in, but just a heads up.

If you read the first post of this topic, you would realize he purposely didn't include the game data files in the download. Read the first post clearly next time.

I did, and he inlcuded all of them except zones.dta. That's why the error only said THAT was missing.

Edit: Well most of them, I can't remember if srb2.srb was in there. But most others were.

I am reporting a bug!!!

When I was playing SRB1 remake in the secrets,I got to act 1 of the second zone and the music does not play and the console text appears with a missing lump complaint.

I did, and he inlcuded all of them except zones.dta. That's why the error only said THAT was missing.

Edit: Well most of them, I can't remember if srb2.srb was in there. But most others were.

Umm, sorry, I haven't included ANY of the data files in the SRB2Wii package. If I did, you would have to download approximately 91MB of data every time you wanted to update SRB2Wii.

I am reporting a bug!!!

When I was playing SRB1 remake in the secrets,I got to act 1 of the second zone and the music does not play and the console text appears with a missing lump complaint.

There is no MIDI support for SRB2 yet. That is on the way, I promise ;)

I've got a bug to report! I was in Castle Eggman in "Host Server" mode with the internet connection Off. I went into the water for a good 30 seconds I believe and for some reason the SRB2Wii Menu music started playing and the game froze up.

Act 1 or Act 2? I have to try this myself to see whether this is reproducible...

No... If they were, you would know instantly by the filesize of the download. You really should listen to me and also read the first post of the topic very carefully. This isn't rocket science. I said he didn't include any gamedata files. Any means any. Not "some or a few". You need to work on this skill.

Ah, I thought I deleted my srb2wii , but i just overwrote it. Forgot that folders just merge and replace. Yeah, whoops. Ah well, got it working anyway. No harm done.

Also, in the menus when you're using the classic controller (or any I think), is there a back button for it? I got stuck in the resolution screen and I had to turn it off. :\

And wasn't SRB2Wii huge without the files in the first place (before this update)?

And wasn't SRB2Wii huge without the files in the first place (before this update)?

No, the SRB2Wii compiled tarball hovers around the 9-11MB region, and when extracted onto your SD card, somewhere around 40-50MB (without the 32MB swap file or the 128MB extended swap file, or the data files).

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back