SRB2Wii thread (v2.0.0 RC4, news update 27/11/2010 10:46)

The cursor is an accident. I recently changed the video depth to 8-bit to speed up SRB2 but the cursor started showing up because of this and is non-functional and always will be for now, not to mention non-existant when the depth is 16-bit...

For now, you will need a USB keyboard to move the menu I'm afraid. There is a reason this isn't classified as finished yet you know. =P

The cursor is an accident. I recently changed the video depth to 8-bit to speed up SRB2 but the cursor started showing up because of this and is non-functional and always will be for now, not to mention non-existant when the depth is 16-bit...

For now, you will need a USB keyboard to move the menu I'm afraid. There is a reason this isn't classified as finished yet you know. =P

Well I guess I have to a wait. Trying to buy a lan adapter.

Last edited:
mmfff
I can't get this to work. I did everything the directions said to, and when I load up SRB2Wii, all I get is a never ending stream of white text on a black screen that eventually ends in a 180-second reboot, causing my wii to lag. How do I fix this >_>;

That is odd, I thought someone figured out how to use a USB drive to do homebrew.

running homebrew from a USB drive can be done, but you need a SD card to install the Homebrew Channel in the first place

Does SRB2Wii support online connectivity/netgaming/updating?
Online connectivity is being worked on, and it will be in the next stable release of SRB2Wii. SRB2Wii/mini will be the only version to support the internal Wi-Fi, SRB2Wii/IOS can only make use the Wii LAN Adapters. I will work on getting automatic updating working for the next release as well.
Netgaming, on the other hand, will not work until SRB2's netcode has been corrected to work properly on other platforms, and with MSVC (official builds included in the SRB2 self-extractor) builds of SRB2.
By online, I'm guessing he meant for automatic updating, like the Homebrew Browser does. Netgaming won't work until he says so.

You guys should always read the first post before asking random questions.

Sorry, having trouble

I copied the data file from SRB2 that were on this website:
http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Data_Files
and put them in the /srb2wii folder located at the root of my sd card. I get an error saying that it can't find the data files in this folder: /media/bikdev/srb2wii. So I put them there too. It still keeps on telling me the same thing. I'm I missing any files, or did I do something wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Can someone tell he how to properly install it? I read the 1st post, but it wasn't detailed on how to install it. 1st time i tried, it showed text that the files were missing (i didn't put the srb2 folder there), 2nd time, i put it on the root of the card, but then theres a black screen

at the black screen with the white text, it says something about missing files not being in the /media folder. What is this?

sd:\apps\srb2wii should only have 3 files, although only the first one is necessary.

Code:
boot.elf
icon.png
meta.xml
sd:\srb2wii should contain your SRB2 files. Those include:
Code:
drill.dta
fmod.dll?
knux.plr
music.dta?
rings.wpn
soar.dta
sonic.plr
srb2.srb
srb2win.exe?
tails.plr
You probably don't need the files with the question mark at the end of it. I'm pretty sure you don't need srb2win, but it's still easier to paste a clean SRB2 install onto your SD card.

And just in case, make sure you are using v1.5.0. Older versions need the SRB2 files in different locations.

sd:\apps\srb2wii should only have 3 files, although only the first one is necessary.

Code:
boot.elf
icon.png
meta.xml
sd:\srb2wii should contain your SRB2 files. Those include:
Code:
drill.dta
fmod.dll?
knux.plr
music.dta?
rings.wpn
soar.dta
sonic.plr
srb2.srb
srb2win.exe?
tails.plr
You probably don't need the files with the question mark at the end of it. I'm pretty sure you don't need srb2win, but it's still easier to paste a clean SRB2 install onto your SD card.

And just in case, make sure you are using v1.5.0. Older versions need the SRB2 files in different locations.

where do i get those, and where do they go?

Don't troll the kids, please. The SRB2 files come with SRB2, dur. You know, the main download on the web site?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back