• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
                                    SRB2SE 0.2

+================================================================================+
|                                   Description                                  |
+================================================================================+
|This is a text editor specifically designed for srb2 scripts.                   |
|It has a few features which can save you a lot of time when scripting.          |
|  -Number inserting (add #2 to #1 and insert #1)                                |
|  -List of commands and variables to the left for quick reference               |
|  -Description of selected command. (list to left) (not many commands done yet) |
|                                                                                |
|Remember, this is an early beta, and not all of the features are finished yet.  |
|I am planning on adding a few more, along with some you suggest.                |
Get it here.

Wow. How useless.

No offense but this program has many, many bugs. First of all, why the Windows directory? Pretty inconvenient, not to mention it screams "VIRUS!!!" Also, you cannot close the program, the only way to exit it is to end the process forceably through Task Manager. I can imagine some n00b being stuck with that on 24/7. I never actually got the commands list to work either and after that, I just sorta quit. Bleh.

...What is your problem? I can close the program fine. Also, the fact that it's in a FOLDER in the windows directory should tell you something. Windows isn't going to check in a folder called 'SRB2SE' for data files or anything.
Another thing, the program checks the file in 'C:\windows\srb2se\cmds.txt' for the command list, so that's why it didn't work.

ree-c:
Download this: http://www.rctd.ft6.com/uploads/Cncs232.dll
and put it in the same folder as the program.

Why does the program check in the Windows directory? That doesn't make sense. If you're using MMF or TGF, just use the $Appdir string to take from the directory the application is in. Sorry if I seem to have a problem but this program gave me problems myself. :\

And I did put the folder in the Windows directory, despite the fact that I really didn't want to. The program still never loaded up the command list...

Also, you should include the Cnc dll in the zip for those who don't have it anyway.

Oh! I didn't realize it would work with just appdir$. I was using appdrive$ + appdir$ all this time and it worked for me. When I gave it to others, it didn't work though.
I updated the zip file to include the cncs232.dll file and the fixed exe.

I think appdir only works if you use an installer or something like that, otherwise it'll go to the directory you edit it in or something. Try making an error message which states the appdir in a string or something.

Jason the Echidna said:
I think appdir only works if you use an installer or something like that, otherwise it'll go to the directory you edit it in or something. Try making an error message which states the appdir in a string or something.

No, I tested it with MMF and it works in any directory you put it in.

the program still won't start in the windows directory and i have the dll for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back