SRB2CB: Hang glider md2 not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoctor

Well, I made a md2 of an x-wing to replace the hang glider, but for some reason it won't work.
what I have in the md2.dat is this:

HANG xwing.md2 3.0 0.0

which should work. This is not my first md2, and this is not my first md2 for a thing from srb2cb. The first being the skateboard which I changed to a buggy that I have ported from Sonic 06 to be the md2 for the skateboard, and the method I used for the skateboard was the same that I used for the glider, so, what is the problem? Does the glider go by a different name other then HANG?

Notes:
1) This X-Wing was ported from a quake3 engine game, but the model itself is extremely low-poly, and is properly ported for srb2, has frames, has one png texture, as it normally should.
2) no errors appear in console, and all other md2s work fine.

Edit:

Note 3:
Since I cannot upload the md2 right now due to me communicating through my mobile device, I will give some important details.

Verts: 3348
Faces: 1116
Tris: 1116

If I am not mistaken, the limit for triangles in srb2 is 4096, am I right?

Last edited:
I have more evident proof that it is not my stupidity at making models, for I had just made a model for the hang glider that works:

This also shows that in the md2.dat it is supposed to be called HANG.

So the question still remains, why doesn't the X-wing md2 work? The file is still open for download if anyone wants to bother and check what is wrong, for I have done what I could and still not found an answer as to why it does not.

Very odd. I can't seem to figure it out at all, the only thing I could think off is did you ported it correctly? I know you said you ported it correctly, but that kinda of problems usually happens due to that. It may be something else, but still it's worth to check it out.

(On another note, I'm loving that Egg Fleet level spoilers)

Last edited:
Very odd. I can't seem to figure it out at all, the only thing I could think off is did you ported it correctly? I know you said you ported it correctly, but that kinda of problems usually happens due to that. It may be something else, but still it's worth to check it out.

(On another note, I'm loving that Egg Fleet level spoilers)

I believe it is ported correctly. It was as simple as the other models I have converted. In this case I converted it from md3 to obj, checked to see the polycounts and stuff, converted to md2, applied texture, and frames.

(Also, yeah the egg fleet map is a new map I started on. I picked that level to test the glider for it's large air space.)

Then I really don't know what's missing or what is damaged. Sorry I couldn't help any further...But I still wish you the best of luck on your project.

Then I really don't know what's missing or what is damaged. Sorry I couldn't help any further...But I still wish you the best of luck on your project.

Thanks for at least trying to help. This matter is quite puzzling, which is also why I wish to know why it does not work, the other reason is for the obvious reason of me wanting it to work :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back