SRB2Cam 0.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
-------------
Description
-------------
This is a script which will allow you to manipulate the camera in srb2 in almost any way. It makes it easier for you by supplying a menu.
There's also another thing, called 'movie mode', which will take a screenshot every x/second (FPS) y times.

Please note: This is just a beta, I know there are some things wrong with it. I posted it to find out what you guys think so I can improve it for the final version. You can also post any bugs you find.
--------------
Instructions
--------------
1. Put the files in your SRB2 directory.
2. Start SRB2.
3. Type 'exec srb2cam.txt' in the console.
----------
Controls
----------
Backspace: Access the main menu/go back one menu level

Enter: Go forward one menu level/Activate an option

Up arrow: Navigate around the menu/Move the camera forward in camera positioning mode

Down arrow: Navitgate around the menu/Move the camera backward in camera positioning mode

Left arrow: Navigate around the menu/Rotate the camera left in Camera positioning mode/Toggling option values in the menu

Right arrow: Navigate around the menu/Rotate the camera right in camera positioning mode/Toggling option values in the menu.

Page up: Move the camera up in camera positioning mode.

Page down: Move the camera down in camera positioning mode.

CTRL (Control): Takes a screenshot.

End: Set the camera rotation to 358.

=/+ (the equals/plus key): Reset the camera position.

-/_ (the minus/underscore key): Reset the camera height.

0 (zero): Reset the camera distance.

Get it here.

"Movie mode" doesn't sound like it'd be any faster than Fraps, and you'd lose the sound too.

Movie mode sounds kinda pointless, I don't think anyone would want to put all those screenshots together.

It's good for netgames when you wanna take lots of pics, but don't have time to open up fraps, and don't wanna mess yourself up by having to continue to press the screenshot button every 1 second or so.

...or something...

Yeah.. I still don't think anyone would want to put all those pictures together to form a gif or movie. >_>;

shadowstar said:
It's good for netgames when you wanna take lots of pics, but don't have time to open up fraps, and don't wanna mess yourself up by having to continue to press the screenshot button every 1 second or so.

...or something...
Or when you want to take several screenshots of an own level while you run at full speed? (hey, if you put the screenshot delay to 1fps or more, that will work)

Chaos Zero 64 said:
It'd be better if you could make a new folder to put the screenshots there. That way it won't fill up the srb2 folder.

There was some code for that be setting the screenshot folder in 1.09 beta, i could return back the code....

I always have Fraps open. Always.

As do I. I don't have it for recording videos, I mostly use it to see my framerate.

whoa, whoa, whoa!
This is awesome! Its so much easier to find good camera angles now!
Good work TS! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back