SRB2 works on Windows 11!

Is there a reason why we never got Windows 9?
To extend on Zack's reply, a lot of older (~XP-era) programs check for "Windows 9*" when looking for versions 95 and 98 for compatability options. The star is a wildcard, which would ring true for both "95" and "98"... but also would ring true for simply "9". Effectively, if a Windows 9 were to exist, a lot of old programs would suddenly stop working because they thought they were running on an extremely dated operating system.

How am I not surprised... 11 is just 10 with lipstick anyway.
They always did that in a way:

Windows Seven was basically Vista but fixed and actually good, Xp was a completed version of Win 2000 and Win '98 was an improved version of Win '95.

In a way Win10 was basically a completed version of Win8 (and no, Win 8.1 was just a big patch and not an entirely new OS)

Windows Seven was basically Vista but fixed and actually good
As someone who used to use Vista, I didn't think it was that terrible. I mean, it was early on. It crashed a lot, and very loudly. Forget the blue screen of death, the screen would just get all distorted while ungodly loud garbled audio sounded for a few seconds followed by the PC shutting down completely.

However, as Vista updated, that lessened and eventually stopped. At that point, while Vista wasn't anything amazing, it got the job done. It did have probably the best version of Windows Movie Maker though. Win 7 was superior in pretty much every other way, and I still consider it superior to Win 10 aside from it's lack of DX12 support and the fact that it's no longer officially supported and thus runs a larger risk of PC infection than an up to date Win 10 PC.

As someone who used to use Vista, I didn't think it was that terrible. I mean, it was early on. It crashed a lot, and very loudly. Forget the blue screen of death, the screen would just get all distorted while ungodly loud garbled audio sounded for a few seconds followed by the PC shutting down completely.

However, as Vista updated, that lessened and eventually stopped. At that point, while Vista wasn't anything amazing, it got the job done. It did have probably the best version of Windows Movie Maker though. Win 7 was superior in pretty much every other way, and I still consider it superior to Win 10 aside from it's lack of DX12 support and the fact that it's no longer officially supported and thus runs a larger risk of PC infection than an up to date Win 10 PC.
Vista as an OS was still trash.

Hopefully Microsoft will soon reach the quality of Apple's OS.

They always did that in a way:

Windows Seven was basically Vista but fixed and actually good, Xp was a completed version of Win 2000 and Win '98 was an improved version of Win '95.

In a way Win10 was basically a completed version of Win8 (and no, Win 8.1 was just a big patch and not an entirely new OS)
This is entirely wrong. First off, all the updates you mentioned actually have their kernel versions updated. This is not the case with Windows 10 and 11, as both kernels are NT 10.0, so 11 is just 10 with different branding.

Also, 8.1 is infact a new os, both the kernel version and the build number is vastly different.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back