srb2 wont open

Naivecheddar

she/her pls
when i click on the app icon it starts up for a bit and just when it would start the opening scene the game shuts down, pls help
Post automatically merged:

here is a vid of what happens

im gonna try deleting and redownloading the game

the game will open now but my 100% save file is now gone and i have to do everything again :dramahog:

Attachments

• bandicam 2023-07-10 22-34-48-680.mp4
    646 KB
Last edited:
when i click on the app icon it starts up for a bit and just when it would start the opening scene the game shuts down, pls help

the game will open now but my 100% save file is now gone and i have to do everything again :dramahog:
Try unplugging your mouse and/or controller if this happens again. You can find a 100% gamedata.dat file here:

Last edited:

SRB2 has been infamous for having problems in folders like Desktop and Program Files. You should try to put it into a folder like Pictures or Videos. If you're still having issues, seek for help from the staff.

SRB2 has been infamous for having problems in folders like Desktop and Program Files. You should try to put it into a folder like Pictures or Videos. If you're still having issues, seek for help from the staff.
It's recommended to put it in your User folder instead.

its doing it again, i didnt even move its folder its literally just in the srb2 folder and its still doing it

it was working fine earlier but i just put like 30 mods in the addons folder and now it wont start up

i think its got smth to do with the mods

i removed the mods and tried again but it still didnt work

its doing it again, i didnt even move its folder its literally just in the srb2 folder and its still doing it

it was working fine earlier but i just put like 30 mods in the addons folder and now it wont start up

i think its got smth to do with the mods

i removed the mods and tried again but it still didnt work
Post your latest-log.txt file, please.

it happened again, im actually sick of this, im leaving the community, this stupid bug has ruined one of my favourite games, im not coming back until this bug is fixed

it happened again, im actually sick of this, im leaving the community, this stupid bug has ruined one of my favourite games, im not coming back until this bug is fixed
Please send your latest-log.txt file, I think I might know what the problem is.

Go to config file

And look for this stuff thing which have a lot of ?s

i already deleted all the files
Is it deleted deleted? Like, is it "right clicked and hit send to trash" deleted or "Clean my trash" deleted? If its the first type of deleted, you can recover the SRB2 folder, where your latest-logs.txt file is.
Plus even if its the second type of deleted, you could always just... reinstall the game and open it one more time... That way the latest-log.txt shows.

aight ill reinstall it and send the file

is this the right file

Attachments

• latest-log.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
aight ill reinstall it and send the file

is this the right file
Yes it is, thank you! I noticed the log state that it couldn't run your config.cfg file. That's the file in your SRB2 folder that stores all your in-game settings. Perhaps permission problems are keeping the game from reading important files?

Additional question: Did you do a fresh install or pull the game out of the trash bin?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back