SRB2 Wii Status Thread [Edited Nov. 22nd]

Status
Not open for further replies.
shado said:
1-Up said:
Shado, you can install a little patch to allow access to shop channel again.
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Shop_and_IOS51_installer

Also, there is a way to install THBC without twilight hack, but it requires a modchip. I used twilight hack, so I don't know how to do this specifically.

Most importantly, it is great that a "port" is being worked on. It will be a great addition to the homebrew scene.
Which one do I download, 1-Up? v1 or v2? Does it matter?
EDIT: Nvm, read the whole page. It says I have to install both?

I would go with v2 I'm not sure about the improvements, but v2 fixed some bugs or something.

So, how <u>do</u> I download these? Do I save them to my SD Card, then transport them to the Wii?

Well you have to have a way to boot homebrew be that THBC or any other launchers. (Most launchers have a readme to tell you where to put executables.) The app I linked to connects to nintendo's servers, downloads the needed updates that don't mess up your wii's homebrew stuff, and patches nintendo's fixes/blocks or whatever.

Umm, and I save it to the folder named "app", right?
EDIT: Nope, maybe the one named "wii"?

For THBC you place files in /apps/FOLDERNAME/boot.dol(elf)
FOLDERNAME can be whatever you want to call it.

Wiibrew.org has a bunch of really good explanations of how things work and where things go.

1-Up said:
For THBC you place files in /apps/FOLDERNAME/boot.dol(elf)
FOLDERNAME can be whatever you want to call it.
Done, what am I supposed to do now? Click that shiny button that says "Format Wii System Memory"? I would, but Dad's blocked that with parental controls.

Don't look at me I don't have Brawl yet XD

EDIT: Speaking of which, what exactly is Homebrew Channel anyway? This is the first I've heard of it.

sonic260 said:
Don't look at me I don't have Brawl yet XD

EDIT: Speaking of which, what exactly is Homebrew Channel anyway? This is the first I've heard of it.

It is a channel designed to run code. That's all it does. The major difference is that it only runs unsigned ELF and DOL binaries.

Is the homebrew channel just like an empty canvas for people to work on? A limited Wii-Orientated canvas?

I'd download it, but the "brick" part is throwing me off. Even if it says its unlikely, I'm a magnet for the unlikely. Worst part is that I won't be able to unbrick it like I can on AC:WW without using AR

Sky Ninja said:
I'm afraid to install the Homebrew Channel, as the installer has a rare chance of bricking your Wii.
That happened to both of my friends. I'm glad that srb2 is finally going to be on the wii though. Too bad my WiiConnect24 isn't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back