SRB2 V2 palette and the images...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espyo

I'm surprised how nobody posted about this yet. I used the search function, and found nothing.

When adding a sprite to SRB2, it's colors are ok in XWE, but in game they're all blah-blah-blah. You know what the problem is, he knows, she knows, they know, everyone does.

So the question is: how to solve it? The wiki isn't doing much to help, seeing as nobody posted how to do it, and it's currently a ToDo. See here. Can someone post a quick, albeit useful answer?

Just in case somebody doesn't know the problem, any image inserted to a WAD shows up fine in XWE, but in-game, it's colors are messed up. This is due to SRB2's new palette.

Get the pallete. Dig in Srb2.srb and find it. Then, paste it in your WAD. Remove ALL cutsom images (Save As if you don't have copies of them), then go to Pallets (Select it, and it'll appear in the menu) and select "Use current", then REinsert all the custom images like you would otherwise, and they'll be converted to the new pallete.

...At least, that's how I remember doing it.

I was doing something similar. Got the SRB2 palette from srb2.srb, then save the palette (not save the lump, really save the palette) into XWE's PALETTES folder, than using that palette to convert images with the Image\Palette\SRB2 method. Alas, that was only for visual aid, and did quite nothing, I think.

But your method worked, so thanks! I'll post it on the wiki then.

Alas, that was only for visual aid, and did quite nothing, I think.

This is because you need to make sure the new pallete is selected (pick any image in your WAD, go to "Image > Select Pallete"), then either export/reimport the images(or re-import the source image). If the pallete isn't selectable, then you just installed it while XWE wasr unning, and need to restart it.

The images already in your WAD are still in the Doom pallete, not SRB2's new one, and XWE does not auto-convert them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back