SRB2 v2.2.9 Patch Release

LoganA

Administrator
Administrator
Sonic Team Junior
Posted by SeventhSentinel.

Hey. 2.2.9’s out. Grab it at the usual place. It’s late, so I’ll just paraphrase some of the more interesting lines from the changelog:

• Fixed animated skin colors in OpenGL.
  • Fixed an error when loading addons with custom savedata via the command line (notably, when testing from Zone Builder).
  • Optimized Lua, plane rendering, and drawing of FOFs.
  • Added polyobject support for Lua.
  • Added multitag library for Lua, which allows reading and manipulation of tags on mapthings, lines and sectors; also added tag iterator functions.
  • Attraction Shield’s homing attack may now be chained.
  • The addfile command now supports adding multiple files.
  • The player will now smoothly slide across a sloped ceiling.
  • Let more graphics lumps be replaced clientside.
  • Various bits of progress on UDMF.
  • Special text is printed when the player begins the final lap in Circuit mode.
  • Ring drain sectors play the ring depletion sound.
  • Pausing the game is no longer possible during the score tally screen in Marathon Mode.
  • Tons of map fixes from sphere.
  • Added acronym keywords to Co-op levels. For use with the map command, so e.g. you can warp to Green Flower 1 with map GFZ1.
  • Your game should no longer freeze while other players are resyncing to the server.
  • Fixed an issue with the installer executables where you wouldn't always be asked where you want to install the game.

There are lots of bug fixes and other quality-of-life things in this patch. We hope you enjoy it.

View on SRB2.org

Amazing! Nice as usual guys, though I gotta ask, have you scrapped the occasional indev tidbits of the next major release that you used to present us during 2.0 and 2.1? Not asking WHEN we might get some, just IF.

Thank you.

The sloped ceiling fix is an absolute godsend. Either that or chainable attraction shield has to be my favorite change of this patch.
Yooooooo poggers, 2.2.9

IT IS WRITTEN THAT ODD VERSION NUMBERS WILL ONLY LAST FOR 24 HOURS OR LESS

Yooooooo, time to wait for 2.2.10
2.2.9 went through many prereleases and release candidates so as to avoid needing 2.2.10 shortly after. Let's hope it works out!

Who say that the 2.2v will release in next hours ?
Just we got a newer version and that's a big improvement so I don't thing so

2.2.3 and 2.2.7 updates lasted less than 24 hours.
2.2.5 survived for more.

odd.png

What happens if the installer fails to rename the 3rd party text and the download can't continue, No matter what you do?
Post automatically merged:

I've fixed the issue, Somehow, But i need 100% saves for the game please.

Last edited:
Amazing! Nice as usual guys, though I gotta ask, have you scrapped the occasional indev tidbits of the next major release that you used to present us during 2.0 and 2.1? Not asking WHEN we might get some, just IF.

Thank you.
The discord has a #devetopment channel where developers rarely send GIFs and e.t.с.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back