• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2: The Carbonated Isles

Sketchzelle

Note To Self: Make Levels Detailed
✨ Collaborator ✨
Srb2: The Carbonated Isles Are Incomplete Addons That Im Working On The Replace All The Levels With Custom Ones, I Will Let Players Download The Finished Maps To Get A Feel For What's To Come.
Also In The Final Version All Maps Will Be Separate And Will Show Which Is Which In A Text Document, All Closed In A Folder.
MAPEBOSS Is Just Map 27, Look That Up On The SRB2 Wiki.

Attachments

• MAP01.wad
    157.1 KB · Views: 103
  • MAP30.wad
    154.7 KB · Views: 84
  • MAPEBOSS.wad
    14.2 KB · Views: 71
  • MAPM0.wad
    18.9 KB · Views: 80
  • MAPM7.wad
    16.5 KB · Views: 71
  • MAPMB.wad
    19.4 KB · Views: 73
  • MAPM6.wad
    34.4 KB · Views: 78
So Apparently The Rule I Broke Was
14. No posting about project plans without proof that you have started.
Even Though I Had Added File Proof On The Submission, Maybe It Didnt Submit Right
Yeah It Didnt Attach The Files Correctly
Post automatically merged:

There I Fixed it

Hey, be aware that you don't need to post the map files.
You can simply
A screenshot of a file appropiately named 'upload screenshots.png'
of the maps you're making to adorn your thread.
It's easier to see what you're making this way instead of having to load every individual map.

MAP01 and MAP30 look to be functionally the same map, just with different themes. Is that intended?

MAP27 is VERY dark. Apart from no lightning, you get no rings, it has a boss you can barely see, the walls are untextured (causing HOM) and there's an exit in the dead center of the map after a few seconds of waiting on the crumbling floor. What's... up with that?

All the match maps are tiny. It's pretty much fine, though you might have a bit of an issue when it comes to explosives.
MAPMB has an Egg Mobile. It will not show up in a normal match game.

I'm not much of a mapper myself so I can't give you any sort of helpful advice.
But good luck with your maps :shitsfree:

Off-Topic, But Why Do you Write In Camel Case? Isn't It A Bit Annoying To Write Like This?

Last edited:
So To Answer All Your Confusions:
I Will Upload Screenshots For A Teaser Coming Later Today
Map 30's Subtitle States That It Is A Concept Version (The Water Instakills, The Walls Instakill, And The Boss Is Manditory)
Map 27 Being The Way It is Is Because For Some Reason, The Brak Eggman Old Object's End Level On Death Flag Was Having Issues
The Match Maps Are Intentionally Small Because I Wanted Them To Almost Feel Like SSBU Stages But Slightly Larger
MAPMB Is Based On Both GHZ's Boss And An Unfinished SRB2Kart Stage: Spaceport Station Core, Thus Explaining The Music And Hidden Boss

Map 27 Will Be Fixed To More Resemble The Old Brak Eggman Fight And Will Use The New Brak Eggman Object
I Actually Had Accidentally But Intentionally Forgot To Submit A Map: MAP28, This Was Due To It Being A Super Sonic Themed Fight.

Also Terraria Got Me Used To Typing In Camel Case

Edit: I Learned That I Can Rename Files Without Concequences, So MAPEBOSS In Later Releases Will be Just Called MAP27
2nd Edit Cuz Im Dense Minded: Some Levels Scripts Havent Been Updated To Include Stuff Like Level Select Or Record Attack. That Will Be Fixed

So With Tails, You Can Speedrun Seaside Coast Act 1 In Under 30 Seconds, Can Anybody Beat My Time?
srb20019.png

Last edited:
PROGRESS UPDATE: SPECIAL STAGE
The Seven Special Stages Are In The Works, They Follow The Same Theme Of A Circular Arena With Various Obstacles, And The MP Special Stages Will Be The Same Arena, But With Different Blue Sphere Locations And More Bottomless Pits.
srb20036.png

And Yes I Did Change Sonic's Textures Too

ANNOUNCMENT: Reconstruction
Most Stages Of This Work In Progress Are Being Entirely Remade To Make Them Feel Consistent And Longer, However, Maps 3, 6, And 30 Do Remain In The Files.
The New Version Will Also Have Custom Music In A music.dta Plus File, There Will Be More Info When The Mod Is Released, But For Now, Here Is A Tease Of Soda Facility Zone!

Attachments

• srb20135.png
    srb20135.png
    840.3 KB · Views: 59
Ever Wanted Tempest Valley And Clockwork Towers Combined? No? Well Here Is A Tease For Tempest Towers Zone
srb20157.png

Rule 14
Also Stop Talking Like This It's Annoying
srsly!? again? i see you everywhere and im fine with you giving criticism and im fine with you not knowing that it sounds rude, i have no problems with that, but here you just insulted him for no goddamn reason, there is nothing wrong with the way he was speaking he was stating information for the subject of the thread, if he was just making jokes the whole time then the thread wouldnt be here.

srsly!? again? i see you everywhere and im fine with you giving criticism and im fine with you not knowing that it sounds rude, i have no problems with that, but here you just insulted him for no goddamn reason, there is nothing wrong with the way he was speaking he was stating information for the subject of the thread, if he was just making jokes the whole time then the thread wouldnt be here.

My brother in Christ

A mod also pointed that out and  also said it's annoying

I am not arguing this with you

i dont get what so annoying about it he was just speaking?

Why Would Anyone Want To Capitalize Every Word Like This Not Only Is It Grammatically Incorrect It Doesn't Make Any Sense Like It Makes It Seem That They're Starting A Sentence And Stopping Then Starting Again With Every Word

please just try your best to be nice with this guy, he's really cool and i dont want people to upset him

he's a really cool guy

I Was Gone For One Day, What Happened Here???

Here Is A Brutially Hard Metal Sonic Race With No Punishment, And Yes, From Time To Time, You Will Get Playable Stages Before The Final Release.
srb20169.png

Attachments

• M_StarlightSpeedwayZone_v1.0.wad
    190.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back