srb2 speedrun movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool!
I was in the 1st and second.
Note.
On the thing saying "Im only in 3rd grade!" That was my kid.
He was new to wading.

No offense, but that is not... speed... y. Play it in one player, that would be a lot easier than netgames.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing one of those really neat tool-assisted spped runs with SRB2. That is, unlocking everything that you can unlock, as single player alone wouldn't last 6 minutes.

Yes I know what a speedrun is and those were just srb2 speedruns for fun not for no real competition we didn't really worry about time.

But that's the definition of a speedrun. It's not a speedrun if you aren't going through as quickly as possible. This is more like a.. go really slowrun.

With all that said, I'd like to see a REAL speedrun of SRB2's single player. Shuffle could probably do one really quick, right Shuf? *Nudge Nudge*

Probably, but I don't much feel like going through the trouble of recording and uploading a video.
Ah hell, why not?

You could use the Time Attack demo recording and then play it back and have FRAPS record that.

Too bad a TAS is impossible without savestates.

Spazzo said:
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing one of those really neat tool-assisted spped runs with SRB2. That is, unlocking everything that you can unlock, as single player alone wouldn't last 6 minutes.

That would be interesting, but nobody is going to create a tool just to do that D:...

Oh wait, that's what people do anyway >_>

EDIT: There is one way you could get a -sort- of tool assisted speed run...

You could use a controller with the turbo function and have it on Turbo X with Joy2Key on 1.5 second delay, that would give you enough time to get over any obstacle and means you can focus on moving instead of jumping...

I have a PS2 > PC adapter around somewhere, and a Turbo PS2 controller, I'll try it some time.

Unlocking everything in one run...

Impossible.
You need to get two runs, one on Very Hard to unlock ultimate, and one to unlock the master emerald on Ultimate.

Mystic said:
Too bad a TAS is impossible without savestates.
People could just analyze the source code so as to reverse-engineer Time Attack's video recording, and use that to perform the necessary tool-assisted speedrun, unless it uses the format of some other DOOM-based source port, in which case some tools probably already exist.

Hardly impossible, just improbable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back