SRB2 + Sonic GDK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFireTheHedgeHo

The Uncontrollable Flame
First Go here if you don't know what Sonic GDK is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRetedRHRvw
Now, i was wondering if ANYONE out there thought of doing SRB2 on Sonic GDK.
I'm thinking since STJr took the 3D sonic fan-game trend to the next level, why not go beyond that?
Sure GDK isn't finished yet, but at the same time Doom isn't all that better unless you can tell me the reason it is.
It was only an idea, not saying its a good one but I don't think it should just be un-noticed.

You best be trolling.
I can totally understand porting it to ZDOOM, but GDK? I really hope this is a joke.

Have you not learned anything from all the discussion that goes on around here?

Porting Srb2 to Sonic GDK and throwing away 12 years of work? Fuck that.

I never said they would port it, i said it was an
IDEA. im asking if anyone even ever THOUGHT about it, STJr or some random map maker.

I think you guys are really getting too mad about what is really just a silly question asked by your average generic Sonic username. Just give him a simple "no" instead of bashing him for not lurking moar.

Well if someone were to create SRB2 in Sonic GDK, they would run into the problem of not using the resources at hand to their fullest. For example, the level design in SRB2 is not built around the use of half-pipes and momentum based gameplay. If you were to make the adjustments needed to enable the features of Sonic GDK to work with the design used in SRB2, then you may as well make an original Sonic fangame instead. After all, many of the limitations of the Doom engine are what makes SRB2 the game it is today.

That and there is also the issue of time, it has taken over a decade for Sonic Team Jr to make as much progress as they have and starting again with a new engine once they have finished SRB2 seems out of the question.

Excactly. SRB2 just wouldn't be the same if it had momentum-based gameplay and all those complex design elements. I see SRB2 as being more about platforming than mindless speed, and really, it just wouldn't have the same charm if it looked or played any other way.

It would be a great idea but see this is the problem. Sonic GDK wouldn't work online so no netgames or nothing and i think thats is one of the main reasons why people play srb2.

Well, I hate to prove a almost 1 1/2 year old post wrong... but Sonic GDK does have netgame capabilities...

If you hate to prove an almost 1 1/2 year old post wrong, then don't.

We are not about to remake the entire game in another engine. It's not happening. It's been said multiple times before. Someone else is free to, if they want, but I expect to see a actual progress with a viable release, or any posts on that front will be infracted for spam.

Locked for obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back