• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2: Robot Reign (was WGIH) (go to page 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
By Virt The Fox

Just leaving this here...
k4wdh3.jpg
It is actually much more beautiful. I think it's a print by the gradient behind the name "DANIE".
If you want to add a new character in a wad that has a backup different from SRB2 (a backup that is not named "data.dat"), good luck, because I failed to put in characters in my wads !

Goddamn, he looks like Gill's retarded pet. and the holy DICK happened to his left arm? Virt certainly isn't helping matters at all, since it still looks like a recolor with ridicuouls spines and a bolt on his chest like a terrible tattoo originating from one bad night.

Virt's does look like a recolor, but it sure is a lot better. PLEASE let someone else do the spriting or just don't pick up the line tool X-( Try a better image editor, like GIMP. As well, beef up those levels! Sector scenery is your friend! (Just don't O.D. and give use lots'o'lag.) This level pack looks like it has potential, you just gotta do it right. Try loading ERZ2 into SRB2DB and take a look at that :-P I'm not saying that complex, just... see how complex it is. Helped me.

Are you serious? I fully support yours, and yours alone Mr. Awesome.

Virt's is an absolute abomination.

Hmm, Sonic is almost the same height as the sky. It should perhaps raise the CEILING and FLOOR sector which serves as a wall, and you'll see, it will be better.

The story has been updated, read the hole thing again and you will find the changes,
How do you think? Is it any better?

Mr. Awsome, one question. In the Main Base 1 screenshot you just posted, there's a chunk of ice on something blue to the left of Sonic. My question is, is that blue thing Ice, or Water? And if so, which texture is it using?

It is better in the sense that the new version has some extra care. Nevertheless, and I think you will get it also noted, the grassy field and the grassy field with yellow flowers are not the same level of green. The grass + flowers is more green clear. It's a good idea, which, properly used, can be very beautiful.
And also ... varying textures is a good thing, and I understand that you put a texture "ROCK " in the "GREEN-HILL​​" to vary, but here I think misused. In the sense that it is too abrupt. The rock texture is geometrically adjacent to the Green Hill texture. Create a transition effect between the Rock and Green Hill. They are different themes.

EDIT: I will like to make a good big Thok to that metallic area, right.
srb20068.png

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post but there is something wrong, in multiplayer I get this:

srb20069.png

It starts out as this and never goes away, I need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back