SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as we're talking about this, could we get a refrence for what sprites we need for char wads when you're done?

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Draykon said:
And CZ, since I can't seem to get ahold of you on IRC, If I'm to take out the Sonic without X-Treme gear, I'll need you to take out SonicRider's S_SKIN, and name all his lumps PLAY. This way, I can simply make him replace the hardcoded Sonic.

[image]I got you started with sonic without the extreme gear
I don't think that`s what he meant. Well I guess that would be fine. I guess the idea of letting the mod work for other exes is scratched out.

Draykon said:
And CZ, since I can't seem to get ahold of you on IRC, If I'm to take out the Sonic without X-Treme gear, I'll need you to take out SonicRider's S_SKIN, and name all his lumps PLAY. This way, I can simply make him replace the hardcoded Sonic.
I don't see the harm in leaving him intact, other than him being always selectable in 1p mode. Besides, wouldn't SonicRider have thok if you make him replace Regular Sonic?

Actually I was thinking about the Speed, Fly and Power type characters. Maybe you could make it so only certain types can use certain shortcuts, but I don't see how, or know if, that can actually be done.

Also, I was thinking about turning my Amy Rider's on-edge sprites into grind sprites once I start wadding her. What do you think?

I'll Begin,
1. I can easily edit Sonic's internal S_SKIN silly goose
2. I earlier said that I disabled all the special abilities, and by disabled I mean, removed the code for.
3. I probably will be making it so that only speed type can use spin-speed-pads, power types automatically bust spin-bust-blocks, and only fly types can use NiGHTS bumpers. With type being determined by ability number.

I fixed a couple of things in Splash Canyon & Egg Factory, like textures and other stuff. If I can figure out Shadow Hog's tutorial on animated textures, you'll see a big change on Splash Canyon. And on Babylon Garden, since the big yellow ceiling only lags software users, should I remove it?

Light Dasher, if you want to help out with the sprites, then at least make the standing sprites for everyone.

And Draykon, I think It's possible to include a skin inside the main wad. I'll test it out tomorow.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
... since the big yellow ceiling only lags software users, should I remove it?

I'm pretty sure you should, because I am a software user and I wouldnt want to be lagging... (Not that I already have experienced the type of lag you talk about)

Here they are
15441982lf4.png
85296878bs1.png
28703477pt9.png
47768245xg9.png
29508111wn2.png

i don't think i did the back one very well though :?

So he'll first hold the board standing and then walk with the board down. I guess that will work for now. Thanks.

Make the other ones right handed though.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
So he'll first hold the board standing and then walk with the board down. I guess that will work for now. Thanks.

Make the other ones right handed though.

I can SOC a custom animation for all the characters getting on the boards :wink:
So lightdasher, if you want to help make sprites for sonic/tails/knuckles/amy/shadow for getting on a board, you can do that (If sonic has 4 frames/sprites for getting on the board, then tails and all the other characters must have the same frames/sprites as well.)

Also light dasher, I think he means to make the other angles for those sonic standing frames.

Now that I see my KnuxRider sprites...I do hope that they will be changed some time after Sonic is done and the levels are done and such. Looking at that and then everything else that was done, it looks like...bleh.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
And Draykon, I think It's possible to include a skin inside the main wad. I'll test it out tomorow.

I'm not sure you understand here. I've tested this myself, and even have a little test WAD in my SRB2 Directory. You just need to take out the skin stuff, and put the Sonicrider sprites in-between S_START and S_END.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back