• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

srb2 on the nintendo ds.... what if...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wangtang32000

addicted to typos >_<
srb2, was made using doom right?
i seen this one site whith this guy thats making a doom for ds ( it looks promising)
so i put 1 and 1 together and thought " srb2 woud be koo if it was on a ds, just 16 players limit, and no slow computers to hold back game play, and i also herd that making homebrew games for the ds was easy. ( i wouldnt know, but trying to find out how to my self)
well if any one thinks they can get srb2 working as an .nds file, then well then.. all i can say is thank you i dont know what else i can do, but in the mean time, i'll just search site after site on how to do that. but thanks for hearing me out. and you can do this if you want,

That doom enginge is probably differen't from this one. You understand what i'm going to say? Well, then I quess I can stop explaining.

I don't think we can get SRB2 natively running on DS (except if we put it on DS Linux).
But Sonic Doom 2 would work with some hacks.

srb2 has levels that are pooploads bigger than the small dark corridors of doom.

Indeed, it is a good idea, but a better idea would be going for the PSP, since somone already made Doom for it along with many other wad based games. If anyone here knows how to program PSP Homebrew games, it would be awesome if they would remake it. ^_^

KingofFlames said:
I don't see why it wouldn't work on the DS, I think you would just have to take out OpenGL mode for it to work....

That depends on the Doom DS engine. If it is extremely close to this doom engine, it might just work.

Linkman90 said:
Indeed, it is a good idea, but a better idea would be going for the PSP, since somone already made Doom for it along with many other wad based games. If anyone here knows how to program PSP Homebrew games, it would be awesome if they would remake it. ^_^

Some of us don't want to buy a portable gaming system that has shorter battery life than a Sega Nomad.

FoxBlitzz said:
Linkman90 said:

Some of us don't want to buy a portable gaming system that has shorter battery life than a Sega Nomad.

*sigh* Yet another battery life flamer. >_>

Omega the Hedgehog said:
It's the games on it that I hate. They're all just so... mediocre <_<

Agreed. Not to be a PSP hater but I definately prefer the DS. Just much better games...

Yeah, for me it's real hard to find a reason to get a PSP. If there was a decent game out there, then I might consider buying one, but I most likely wouldn't anyways.

SRB2 on the DS

I think the Idea would be cool to put it on the DS but...the computer may be slow maybe but what if hardly anyone buys or...you can make it free like the download and one more thing..........WHEN WILL SRB2 BE DONE IT KEEPS SAYING ITS A DEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And the computer finds people better.

Re: SRB2 on the DS

Flame Sonic said:
I think the Idea would be cool to put it on the DS but...the computer may be slow maybe but what if hardly anyone buys or...you can make it free like the download and one more thing..........
I think I may speak for a few others when I say this, but..

What?!

Re: SRB2 on the DS

Flame Sonic said:
I think the Idea would be cool to put it on the DS but...the computer may be slow maybe but what if hardly anyone buys or...you can make it free like the download and one more thing..........WHEN WILL SRB2 BE DONE IT KEEPS SAYING ITS A DEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And the computer finds people better.
Post Cleaner 2.0 said:
I think putting SRB2 on the DS would be a cool idea, but maybe the CPU would be too slow and hardly anyone would buy it. However, you could make it free like the PC download.

One more thing, when will SRB2 become a final version? All we have been getting so far have been called demos.

And the computer finds people better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back