SRB2 on OS X?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhinchliffe

Hello. I was regular... ish around here and the IRC (actually just the IRC as far as I know; I can't remember if I ever posted here or not; it seems so long ago), and then I never really stuck around. I don't really need to explain more about this.

So, I decided to come back today for old time's sake, to see if it's done. (I discovered that since my departure.... it's still not done. Surprising.) However, game has become... a lot more updated. BUT, I ended up switching over to the Mac platform (last summer) and can't play it any more.

There are third-party ported Doom 2 engines for other platforms around the internet, and I guess I'll stop beating around the bush. What I'm asking is this: has anyone gotten SRB2 working for Mac OS X?

EDIT: I guess "can't" is not really true, I still can run it under Boot Camp - that's what I'm actually gonna do in a bit - but I'd rather have it natively in the future. I could go searching around Google and whatnot, but I'm just gonna ask here first for the sake of easiness, to see if anyone's done it first.

Welcome.
Running SRB2 on FreeBSD 5.5 here. :)
Anyway, in the past I've seen several people mention that they played SRB2 for the Mac.
The last version compiled for OS X was 1.09.2, or it was 1.09, I don't remember exactly.
They are not the latest versions, though.
It's not like it has not been done before.
Good luck to compiling it. :)

Compiling isn't that hard if you know how to do it.
The syntax is different between compiler and compiler, although most Unix-ish compilers use a similiar syntax.
Get a compiler and look into the documentation, its syntax will be explained.

Here's the basic GCC-style syntax:
gcc -o <output_executable_here> <c_source_files>

You need a specific manual to know how you compile for the PSP; how it's done is slightly different, it's a game console.
Google is your friend, it will be surely be on there.

Right now i am playing on a Mac and a Windows, no I don't mean I switch Computers every once and awile... I have a mac computer with a thing called virtual pc. Think of it as a windows emulator. So I technally am playing on a mac

Dark Warrior said:
http://www.drunkduck.com/Death_By_Pixel/index.php?p=121063
cool yeah i really don't care that's nice

Oh hey you're from Drunk Duck, do you know my pal Lukee? Probably not, I'm not sure how much he posts there, but he once maintained a mirror of his comic on there called Knock on Wood (his primary site for the comic was part of another, smaller community, where we're both admins and that's how I know him), but he cancelled it. Later on he revived it, but the new comics don't seem to be posted on DD right now.

OK, also, you guys seem to be talking plenty about this whole "compiling" thing, which seems to imply that the SRB2 source code is available. Where do I find such a thing?

EDIT: OK, I'm retarded, try the sticky topic right above this. DISREGARD ME

EDIT 2: So I'm going to attempt to maintain some sort of SRB2 Universal Binary for Mac, maybe I'll succeed, maybe I won't, if you don't get it don't bitch to me about it, god i use a lot of commas

EDIT 3: Compiling from source is like playing an adventure game. In order to get the sandwich, you need to get the coin. To get the coin, you need to get the chicken and the muffin. To get the muffin.... you get it. Compiling binaries is like that except with lots and lots of software. ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back