SRB2 on Mac problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

sythe343

Well, i downloaded it here so that i could play this game, found it on youtube and said, "sweet new sonic game!" I unzipped the archive file and did what the instructions said, but i can't get the game to come up at all...I'm running on a G4 iBook, with the newest updates on it, so i don't know what's up, can anyone, one of the devs or anyone else help me out?

You really shouldn't be running srb2win on a mac. If you downloaded the mainstream zip, that's the windows version.

The archive.zip makes folder called archive. Its not suppose to make a folder but it does. Just take the folders from in the archive folder out and take those folders to the LIBRARY/FRAMEWORKS folder.

When you said "problems" I thought you meant the holes in the floor and instead of a purple color map you get green.

But if you really want SRB2Mac just search for it using the search button.

I'm not entirely sure, but from what I remember, SRB2Mac is Intel-only. I don't think you can run it on a PPC-based Mac. Even with it running on the right type of Mac, you won't get certain things such as Software rendering. I'd say your best bet would be to run the Windows version under virtualization, though I cannot confirm this as I do not own a Mac.

Virtual PC let's you use windows programs on a Mac. That's how you can play the windows version on a Mac. Though it is best to use OpenGL on a Mac due to how graphical they are.

Is VirtualPCing SRB2 on a Mac supposed to be fast? I've tried it on the school computers and it runs like Paris Hilton thinks.

Yes, it runs slutty. [/sarcasm]

Anywho, get the Mac version. It should run on both Intel and PPC if I'm not mistaken

Yes, it should work fine on a PowerPC mac. There have been reports of it working fine on a G3.

http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=6392&highlight=mac
Here. Go get 1.09.4, unless it's the one that you're using. I use this version, and like cheese said, there are graphical glitches, like holes in the flor of GH2, and the purple colormap shows up as green. Also caves are realy dark, so it's hard to see.
To add .wads, right click on the application, and click on "Show pacage contents". click on the contents folder, and put the .wads on the resources folder. Hope that helps!

Also I'm running this on a G3 purple iMac, with 400 MHZ, so it should work.

Yeh, Virtual pc does work, and it is VERY slow, but it does alright with srb2, and it goes normal speed if you take the music off with the launcher

Chao Freak 1 said:
Caves are realy dark, so it's hard to see.

To add .wads, right click on the application, and click on "Show pacage contents". click on the contents folder, and put the .wads on the resources folder. Hope that

Caves are OK if you have a good video card.

And to add the wads you don't really have to go through all that. Just go into your user thing, and there should be a srb2 folder right there for all your wads. It's also where your screenshots go, and the config.cfg is in there too!

Chao Freak 1 said:
To add .wads, right click on the application, and click on "Show pacage contents". click on the contents folder, and put the .wads on the resources folder. Hope that helps!

stop putting wads in the package, put them in your SRB2 folder SRB2MAC makes in your home folder, the one with your config.cfg and gamedata.dat all the screenshots goes in? ok, for the next release of SRB2MAC, I going to disable loading add-on wads from it's Resource folder...

GCFreak said:
Yes, it should work fine on a PowerPC mac. There have been reports of it working fine on a G3.

I did that. It works on my blue & white G3, and iMac G3, and the blue & white is only 400 mghz and it runs better then on my 1.6 ghz PC. I still got to test it on my old beige G3... Also 400 mghz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back