SRB2 on GBA/DS (sounds stupid, but look)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eidolon

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
I highly doubt it, but if there is a C compiler for GBA/DS, and a talented programmer, it might be possible to port to these beautiful portable gaming systems. I mean look at DOOM GBA. It worked quite swell for something requiring soooo much conversion work. I may sound stupid, but it could be done...

Just remember to make it permenatly use patch based music.

Control Setup I have thought of:
D-Pad: Move Character, Move Menu Item Selector
Button A: Jump, Select Menu Item
Button B: Spindash, Cancel Menu Item
Button Start: View menu

If you wanted, say, a custom level/character package, you would have to make a converter that allows you to add/remove wad files, and package them into 1 .GBA/.NDS file.

Multiplayer would be close to impossible.

GBA, no.
DS, yes.

Any device that we port SRB2 to really needs to have at least 32mb ram. This is what's keeeping it from running on the Dreamcast ATM, I think...

A GBA Flash cart can only hold GBA and SRAM of GBA games, not completely port an entire program into a GBA. Anyway, I haven't checked how much RAM is in a GBA in a long time.

SSNTails said:
GBA, no.
DS, yes.

Any device that we port SRB2 to really needs to have at least 32mb ram. This is what's keeeping it from running on the Dreamcast ATM, I think...

AJ you silly, the DC has more than enough RAM. You're just looking for a delay excuse :roll:

I don't believe AJ's the one working on the DC port.

Speaking of which, is there ANYTHING coming out of that yet? Any screenshots, downloads, progress reports, anything?

Well, that WOULD explain why Half-Life takes forever to load a level on it while it loads in a snap on my computer (regardless of how ill-equipped it is for gaming, though it's gotten better as of late).

And before anyone asks, yes, Half-Life WAS cancelled on the DC, but it doesn't matter since you can still download a copy. No, I will not tell you where, but if you're interested, chances are you already know where.

Shadow Hog said:
Well, that WOULD explain why Half-Life takes forever to load a level on it while it loads in a snap on my computer (regardless of how ill-equipped it is for gaming, though it's gotten better as of late).

And before anyone asks, yes, Half-Life WAS cancelled on the DC, but it doesn't matter since you can still download a copy. No, I will not tell you where, but if you're interested, chances are you already know where.

I know a game collector who has a real copy of it.

If you put it on a DS that would mean you could use the touch screen to aim, and the D-pad to control your character, the L-button to jump, I don't know what would shoot though. Srb2 would be great on a PS2 though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back