SRB2 music names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super mystic sonic

The Golden Blur
Every tune has a number, and it also has a name.

Example:
Number: 1046 Name: O_SUPERS

My point is, I don't know the name of all the songs. Whats the name of the dash-shoes jingle? Or the name of the invincibility jingle? Can anybody send me to a site that lists all this? I'm trying to make a little wad that replaces a lot of sounds in the game, but thats only possible if I know the names of ALL the tunes.

1 Greenflower Zone Act 1
2 Greenflower Zone Act 2
3 Boss
4 Techno Hill Zone Act 1
5 Techno Hill Zone Act 2
7 Castle Eggman Zone Act 1
8 Castle Eggman Zone Act 2
9 Castle Eggman Zone Act 3
11 Mine Maze Zone Act 1
14 Rocky Mountain Act 1
16 Red Volcano Zone Act 1
19 Dark City Zone Act 1
22 Doomship Zone Act 1
29 Spring Hill Zone (Sonic Into Dreams)
30 Mario Koopa Blast Act 1
31 Mario Koopa Blast Act 2
32 Mario Koopa Blast Act 3
33 Aerial Garden Zone
34 Verdant Forest Zone
42 Metal Harbor
45 Green Hill Zone
50 Special Stage
90 Deep Sea Zone Act 2
91 Meadow Match Zone
95 Deep Sea Zone Act 1
96 Zero Ring Zone
97 Zim's Base Zone
100 Xmas Greenflower Zone Act 1
101 Xmas Greenflower Zone Act 2
102 Xmas Boss
103 Xmas Techno Hill Zone Act 1
104 Xmas Techno Hill Zone Act 2
105 Xmas Castle Eggman Zone Act 1
106 Xmas Castle Eggman Zone Act 2
107 Xmas Castle Eggman Zone Act 3
108 Xmas Spring Hill Zone (Sonic Into Dreams)
135 Boss (Mystic Realm)
136 Jade Coast Zone
137 Tempest Valley Zone
138 Verdant Forest Zone
139 Flame Rift Zone
140 Midnight Freeze Zone
141 Sunken Plant Zone
142 Aerial Garden Acts 1&2
143 Aerial Garden Acts 3&4
144 Prismatic Angel Zone
145 Mystic Realm
1036 Title
1037 Intro
1038 Level Clear
1039 Invincibility
1040 Super Sneakers
1041 Mario Invincibility
1042 Drowning
1043 Game Over
1044 Extra Life
1045 Continue
1046 Super Sonic
1047 Character Select
1048 Credits
1049 Special Stage

Super mystic sonic said:
Whats the name of the dash-shoes jingle?
D_SHOES.

Super mystic sonic said:
Or the name of the invincibility jingle?
D_INVINC. D_MINVNC for Mario stages.

Super mystic sonic said:
Can anybody send me to a site that lists all this? I'm trying to make a little wad that replaces a lot of sounds in the game, but thats only possible if I know the names of ALL the tunes.
Not off-hand, but if you extract them all and listen to 'em with [insert media player like WMP or WinAmp here], you should figure it all out. They're all in "music.dta", which is another WAD, so back it up and get crackin'.

Why do you ask that? Because you're listening to the MIDI songs for absolutely no reason? You can switch to OGGs for the standard music, you know. In fact, it should be that way by default!

But in regards to your question, no. As far as I know, you can only replace MIDI with MIDI, and OGG with OGG. But why would you need to replace the MIDIs with other MIDIs?

No. Don't bother converting to MIDI. It makes streaming audio sound terrible and it's a complete waste of time. Just include the OGGs.

Actually, you CAN replace MIDI with OGG and vice versa, IIRC. It doesn't matter what filetype it is, assuming that it's compatible - it just uses the file that has the correct lump name, and sticks with that.

And you don't convert files to MIDI. Do you even know how silly that sounds? MIDI files are like those notched papers you see in pianos that play themselves - a list of notes to play on various tracks, all put together to create something that sounds harmonious. Actual audio is a large series of frequencies, played back in real-time on your speaker to replicate whatever the sound was that was recorded. The two are mutually exclusive.

(Note: the descriptions of both filetypes probably aren't accurate, but hell, it's kind of the basic idea...)

Midis use set instruments they sound different depending on your sound card. OGG/MP3 are sound recordings, you can put anything on 'em and they will sound the same from machine to machine.

Super mystic sonic said:
Okay, but its not my fault if the filesize is over the 30MB.

Unless you're thinking about putting over 40 minutes worth of music in there, I don't think it'll be that big of a file. OGG files, when compressed correctly, are slightly smaller in MB than their length in minutes. For example, a 3-minute song can be compressed to around 2.5 MB. I've seen them compressed even lower, too, without a significant loss in quality.

FoxBlitzz said:
Super mystic sonic said:
Okay, but its not my fault if the filesize is over the 30MB.

Unless you're thinking about putting over 40 minutes worth of music in there, I don't think it'll be that big of a file. OGG files, when compressed correctly, are slightly smaller in MB than their length in minutes. For example, a 3-minute song can be compressed to around 2.5 MB. I've seen them compressed even lower, too, without a significant loss in quality.

Umm, he didn't make them OGGs.
They're MP3s.
But yeah, you can actually chop an MP3 in half or more by simply converting without ANY loss in quality.

Converting from file to file ALWAYS causes some kind of quality loss, actually. Hence why it's important not to do it too often.

Its just impossible to make 5MB mp3 music files lower them 1MB. Thats why SRB2soundpack is sooooo damn huge. And I don't want to chop out a whole piece of music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back