Invalid SRB2 Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
for some reason, when i try to chat when playing multiplayer on android, i can type the message but not send it. does anybody know how to fix this?

Yeah, I noticed this as well. The bounding box for the analog touch-screen controls is square and doesn't really take direction into account. It's like it's measuring horizontal and vertical distance seperately, instead of tracking the angle of your thumb from the centre of the analog pad.

An example of what I mean:

temp.png

Finger is technically passed the edges both horizontally and vertically, so you always move perfectly diagonally, even though it *really* looks like you shouldn't at this angle.

Yeah, I noticed this as well. The bounding box for the analog touch-screen controls is square and doesn't really take direction into account. It's like it's measuring horizontal and vertical distance seperately, instead of tracking the angle of your thumb from the centre of the analog pad.

View attachment 39215

Finger is technically passed the edges both horizontally and vertically, so you always move perfectly diagonally, even though it *really* looks like you shouldn't at this angle.
The neatest explanation of this problem, just like it!

Ok, so i install srb2 on my samsung and launch it. it works perfect the first time. The next time i launch it, all the hitboxes are incorrect. i presume this is because i have a longer phone, and srb2. is used to the 16:9 ratio
Post automatically merged:

Ok, so i install srb2 on my samsung and launch it. it works perfect the first time. The next time i launch it, all the hitboxes are incorrect. i presume this is because i have a longer phone, and srb2. is used to the 16:9 ratio

View attachment 39215

i mean in your drawing it is quite inaccurate and it actually is way WAY more technical
when you play the game on mobile you need to consider that this has like 20 angles
game will decided using an alghorythm where your finger is the nearest and will estimate it will go to xy direction
most of the time it works
sometimes it does shit.

hope that can give some indication on why this i so bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back