SRB2 Machinima?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Hog

A guy at the forum I moderate (you may know it as Sonic HQ's "Mobius Forum", or if you prefer abbreviations, "The MoFo") just recently came open with a little project of his... SRB2 machinima.

...er, just read more here. Yeah.

Anyway, my inquiry would be: is this even possible? I mean, if SRB2 had ACS/FraggleScript support, then probably (judging from what those guys who made MassMouth could do with ZDOOM, and that Legacy has numerous similar features)... but I don't think it does support either.

Still, if this could be done, by George it'd be awesome. Something the calibur of Quake Redone Quick on SRB2? It'd sure make for some VERY interesting speedrun videos.

...not that we have ANY speedrun videos right now...

It's certainly possible, albeit probably more effort than it's worth to do it in the SRB2 engine. However, it would definitely be possible.

A long time ago, Sonikku snickered at the possibility of doing that with SRB2.

Ontopic: Something like that would be cool *Thinks of a Red vs. Blue in SRB2*

Offtopic: I knew you were to same one as at the Mobius Forum. All zero of you who said otherwise, I told you so, you have been pwned *mauled equal to a magnitude of Mystic's largest sweatdrop*

Shadow Hog said:
A guy at the forum I moderate

I thought you looked familiar! As for this, Uhm... thing... I'm not exactly sure what it is, so I'm just gonna nod my head in agreement... ^_^()

Machinima is the act of taking game engines and using them to create little movies. RvB is a good example, as well as a good deal of speed runs (like, say, Scourge Done Slick or Quake Redone Quick) which use the tactic to make things even MORE interesting, and often times quite funny.

That's how I've always interpreted it.

I had tried that code. It works like in SASRB2. It's the homing, but faster and one motion. Great for jumping over pits

What does that have to do with the topic at hand, though? Certainly you could've made a new topic instead of hijacking another.

Sorry to burst your bubble Shadow Hog, but this isn't the MoFo. Topics will frequently go off topic for pages at a time if it is even remotely related to the original intent. There's not much you can do, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back