SRB2 locks-up directly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sik

Hi. I'm Sik and I'm new here. My problem probably was already discussed, hovewer...

I'm downloaded SRB2 and, when I try to execute it, Windows locks-up. The game directly can't start. CTRL+ALT+DEL no functions because Windows will stoped.

What can I to do? I was tried execute it from folder, Desktop menu, Run command and DOS, but nothing... My System is the next:

• Windows 98SE
  • Pentium IV 2400+
  • 256MB RAM (32MB reserved for VRAM)
  • 40GB HD (30GB free)
  • Virtual memory enabled
  • DirectX 9.0c
  • Sound card SB16

Will SRB2 runs under Win98 or not?

Man, you have all better stuff than I do! Well, except for the free space, and I have Winxp...
Sorry, I can't figure out why it won't work. I've never had this problem before..

Well, I'll try again... It's strange... If I have more notices, I will post them.

EDIT: I've tried DirectX and OpenGL modes, and no functions. Is game compatible with Win98SE or not? Exists a parameter in command-line for "safe-mode" or an add-on to solve incompatibility bugs?

Are you using OpenGL?

Try redownloading and reinstalling SRB2.
If that doesn't work, try running from a dos prompt:
Code:
srb2win.exe -opengl
If that doesn't work, try
Code:
srb2win.exe -win
and
Code:
srb2win.exe -nodigmusic -nomusic -nosound
and lastly
Code:
srb2win.exe -nodigmusic -nomusic -nosound -win
If those don't work, I can't help you.

(to Shadowstar):
picGallery_WinXP.gif
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well, I'll try to do the parameter commands before redownloading (the download time was 1:30 hours). And I'm tried DX and OpenGL. Thanks.

Strange: Windows, sometimes, locks up before I try to start the game, and stop when I open the game's folder.[/b]

EDIT: after some test, my conclusion is that Windows can't access to file. I'll try to redownload it.

You're sick? Oh my... *Calls an ambulence*

I'm sorry, I just couldn't pass that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back