• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

srb2 level pack wip. jade grove INDEV

spaydsq

Newbie Mapper and Amateur Speedster
I'm starting to get into mapping more, my first level that will be published is being worked on right now, entitled Neo Jade Grove, Act 1. (The Neo is a reference to the original version of Jade Grove which will forever stay on my computer.)

Attachments

• srb20019.png
    srb20019.png
    481.9 KB · Views: 68
  • srb20018.png
    srb20018.png
    512.7 KB · Views: 60
  • srb20017.png
    srb20017.png
    344.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
made some progress, this entire area is new and i'm now using pixlr instead of a notebook to scribble down ideas. planning to make the level more open. (also please pay no mind to the lack of enemies, i'm saving most of that for the end :P)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-06 222041.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-09-06 222041.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot 2023-09-06 222041.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-06 222041.png
    211.4 KB · Views: 57
the river that leads into the upper caverns...unfinished for now, but i'm still working on it today! it's all going fairly smoothly aside from fighting an uphill battle against ZB when pertaining to slopes, but smoothly nonetheless! :D
the next sector of the level should be a bit more open, with a clear path, so don't worry about the level being too linear.
(real talk, i was going to use the Aqua Paradise textures for the caverns, but they both don't fit the level and just don't work when playtesting.)
Post automatically merged:

Looks promising :threat:
thank you! i'll try to deliver!

Attachments

• srb20021.png
    srb20021.png
    417.4 KB · Views: 36
  • srb20020.png
    srb20020.png
    271.6 KB · Views: 36
i did make some progress today, but it was all wiped due to an unfortunate bug occurring, and my idiocy showing itself by not saving before then.
it wasn't substantial enough to make me lose motivation or anything, i can easily replicate it tomorrow. :P

i did make some progress today, but it was all wiped due to an unfortunate bug occurring, and my idiocy showing itself by not saving before then.
it wasn't substantial enough to make me lose motivation or anything, i can easily replicate it tomorrow. :P
Ouch. I hate it when that happens.

welp. the wad got corrupted, and shortly thereafter replaced on accident.
great.

okay, so.
in an attempt to bounce back from the wad getting blown to kingdom come, i've decided to do Jade Grove again, but with a different theme than last time.
Jade Grove will now be an acid-infested-greens area, leading up to robotnik's main factory.
this zone will only have one act, and hopefully i'll be able to show you why.
a couple of screengrabs as a sneak peak.
(the gif is from an earlier state than the screenshot, don't pay it too much mind.)

Attachments

• srb20029.png
    srb20029.png
    279.7 KB · Views: 36

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back