Srb2 iceberg

Status
Not open for further replies.
uhh, you are aware that the "current administration" is responsible for giving mystic the boot right? Before they all got the boot, mystic was the "producer", and was the highest authority of all within the dev team, and Rob was the lead admininstrator, with the highest power over the forums, discord, etc. Additionally, problematic people from the pre-2.2 community like Kitoko who were being protected by the old guard were also finally given the boot post oldguard removal. Kitoko was an oldbie predator who had been protected by the old guard for a very long time, and was only finally able to be dealt with once they were removed from power.
Yes, you the 2.2 new guard BTFO'd him & his cadrè & have been dealing with the aftermath of all of that for the last 2-3 years. And if he ends up being connected to Sapheros, he will be seeing those prison bars eventually. Why else would you think I would treat you in a relatively non-hostile way during our first encounter in that YT comment section? You inherited this mess, can't really blame the janitor for the place being as screwed as it is. However, I didn't exactly trust you either, which is why I've been intentionally using a facade to keep you off my case while I try to plan out contingencies in case I would get exploited by you or more recently, the guys from the other forum, for lowering my guard.

Let me use that phrase again: this is how I operate. For some reason, I seem to always get in situations like this throughout the internet, and that has made me calculative as to how I deal with human variables. The SMBX community screwed the pooch before, so I want to make sure it doesn't happen here so I don't have to run off to another game community AGAIN.

Mystic is also responsible for my distrust for the remaining adminstration as I discovered the abuse of power through GoldenSMS's video on his experiences and became enraged almost instantly, and thus the one to indirectly cause the split-up between WS & MB as my advice to an influential member of the now WS community who got BTFO'd from MB might have contributed WS to be created in the first place.

That's right. The seeds of distrust between the two forums that kickstarted the drama all harken back to the pre-2.2 community leaders' abuse of power & disgusting failure to live up to the responsibility that comes with the position of power & influence.
No. These are entirely unrelated events. The Russian community started the Workshop because Mikhael Blur got banned from here for trying to trick us into accepting Sonic1983's work when we made clear to him we would not accept it, so they decided to start their own place. It's not the noble moral crusade you're making it out to be.

It's a mystery why you are even bringing up the Workshop here at all; the current administration removed Mystic because of the things he did you said enraged you. That causing you to distrust the current administration for it is a complete non sequitur.

Yes, you the 2.2 new guard BTFO'd him & his cadrè & have been dealing with the aftermath of all of that for the last 2-3 years. And if he ends up being connected to Sapheros, he will be seeing those prison bars eventually. Why else would you think I would treat you in a relatively non-hostile way during our first encounter in that YT comment section? You inherited this mess, can't really blame the janitor for the place being as screwed as it is. However, I didn't exactly trust you either, which is why I've been intentionally using a facade to keep you off my case while I try to plan out contingencies in case I would get exploited by you or more recently, the guys from the other forum, for lowering my guard.

Let me use that phrase again: this is how I operate. For some reason, I seem to always get in situations like this throughout the internet, and that has made me calculative as to how I deal with human variables. The SMBX community screwed the pooch before, so I want to make sure it doesn't happen here so I don't have to run off to another game community AGAIN.
I'm gonna be honest with you - I have no idea what you're talking about and I'm pretty sure you don't either. We inherited no "mess"; we are dealing with no "aftermath". Mystic and Sapheros are expelled from the community for years now, and even if by some crackpot theory they were somehow connected to each other like you claim, I don't seem to get a handle on why this is our business anymore.

So I'm going to have to ask of you to explain your confrontational tone, because I genuinely do not see why you're addressing staff like we are hiding something from you or anyone else, actually bring some evidence to the table and be upfront about what the hell you're going on about real soon. If you wanna stir the pot, at least bring some ingredients.

I think Charyb covered this pretty well the last time you brought it up.

Seems we're having that same conversation again. I'm not offended by your skepticism, but I can't say I understand it.

I first started playing SRB2 in 2009, when I was around 12 years old -- I grew up in this community. I became an administrator to help protect those who have made it their home, especially those who are growing up themselves. I feel compelled to continue to improve things around here however I can.

I'm not going to take the time to somehow prove the staff and I are upstanding citizens, but I'm still going to do my best to help keep everyone on the right track, as I have been for the past several years. If you'd like to help, please feel free to file reports for any problematic behavior you run into around here. Regardless of whether the issue comes from a newbie or a community veteran, we'll take it seriously, and we'll try to resolve it in a professional manner.

No. These are entirely unrelated events. The Russian community started the Workshop because Mikhael Blur got banned from here for trying to trick us into accepting Sonic1983's work when we made clear to him we would not accept it, so they decided to start their own place. It's not the noble moral crusade you're making it out to be.

It's a mystery why you are even bringing up the Workshop here at all; the current administration removed Mystic because of the things he did you said enraged you. That causing you to distrust the current administration for it is a complete non sequitur.
They probably distrusted the administration as well before the BTFOing of the old guard while their other scripter was out of shape during the time, so they went for the desperate decision. What their second scripter said during my inquiry about their situation on scripters, I will not announce any names of those I refer to here: "I also have a good scripting skill, sometimes I even take on projects that Sonic1983 is afraid to take on because of the complexity. But I have my own difficulties, because of which I very rarely do this. Mainly due to health issues."
While a source aligned with you said about it on YT: "They didn’t even give time for ANYONE to offer help. They jumped the gun immediately." in response to my inquiry as to whether the situation could have been resolved by an offer of help to them. Rational decisions are the last thing emotionally reactive people will do in a given situation when cornered. To imply that distrust would simply go away like that is frankly naive yet understandable viewpoint.

What's more, they have brought up Mystic when discussing their hatred for you multiple times, which implies the opposite, repercussions from the Old Guard's abuse of power being thrown in your face. I also know through other sources, most importantly being around when it happened, that you also had to fix the site & deal with hacker attacks on it as well. So once again, not convinced. In fact, I feel bad for you for it, probably even worse knowing that you had no idea about them holding a grudge and thus no idea how to deal with that situation properly as a result as a community. That outburst of Motor Roach that got leaked on YT by the content maker aligned with WS implies that this is not as much of "business as usual" as you would have me believe, as he's clearly stressed about the situation based on the screenshots.

So I'm going to have to ask of you to explain your confrontational tone, because I genuinely do not see why you're addressing staff like we are hiding something from you or anyone else, actually bring some evidence to the table and be upfront about what the hell you're going on about real soon.

If you'd like to help, please feel free to file reports for any problematic behavior you run into around here. Regardless of whether the issue comes from a newbie or a community veteran, we'll take it seriously, and we'll try to resolve it in a professional manner.

You both do realize that considering the situation surrounding the MB vs WS having sharp tones of "if you're not with me, you're against me", that is the worst move I could make, because what's stopping you from trying anything while we discuss it within said DMs? In fact, your moderator buddy tried to do that last time, Sev, implying mutual distrust. What internet has taught me is sincerity often gets exploited & punished in situations like these. That is why I want my initial dealings with you to be seen by the public eye as well, for transparency's sake. I am forced to do this now, much like how I am forced to take this tone, because the situation demands that sort of serious tone.

This is also why I'm currently investigating the matter on my own. To quote myself from that same YT discussion: "In that case, neither you nor them will tell me the full truth of what happened. I will thank you for indulging whatever information you had regardless." Those reports don't tell me WHY they would do it or WHY all these human variables behaved the way they did, the only way I'm gonna get that is if I speak with the people themselves regardless of the side they're associated with and put those pieces together. And from what I've observed, Old Guard's actions have indirectly caused this incident as well.

You both do realize that considering the situation surrounding the MB vs WS having sharp tones of "if you're not with me, you're against me",
There is no mention of any specific offshoot communities in my post. What happens in non-official spaces is none of my business. The official community has coexisted with offshoot communities for longer than I've been in it, and that's not likely to change soon. Just because some other group has different values than we do doesn't mean we have to have some huge conflict over it. I'm 26. If nothing else, it would be a massive waste of my time to try to "get back" at anybody for making their own space. I have bills to pay, man.

So when I say "please report bad behavior here," understand that I very literally mean "please hit the Report button on posts that contain spam, trolling, etc, just like you would anywhere else," not "give me all the spicy details about what's happening in spaces I hold no authority in." EDIT: This actually extends to staff, too; if you happen to see anyone on our staff pulling something sketchy or offensive, I'd like to know about it so I can put a stop to it!

If their perspective is "us vs. them," then so be it. They can hate us all they want. But all I want to do is keep the spaces I help run clean and positive so Sonic fans of all ages can have somewhere safe to hang out online.

Last edited:
While a source aligned with you said about it on YT: "They didn’t even give time for ANYONE to offer help. They jumped the gun immediately." in response to my inquiry as to whether the situation could have been resolved by an offer of help to them. Rational decisions are the last thing emotionally reactive people will do in a given situation when cornered. To imply that distrust would simply go away like that is frankly naive yet understandable viewpoint.
Regarding Mikhael Blur's blunder, all avenues of discussion were open at the time where we initially rejected the submission for containing Sonic1983's work. Charyb and Mikhael were even DMing each other about it before that happened.

Mikhael had all the time in the world to bring up those circumstances (health issues, large dependence of the Russian community on Sonic1983's work, etc) or even seek someone else's help but instead, he chose to lie. Irrational as it may be, it is not on us that he chose to act like that, and the fact that they distrusted Mystic has nothing to do with it (and it could've been brought up as well if it somehow did). Your logic does not follow.

What's more, they have brought up Mystic when discussing their hatred for you multiple times, which implies the opposite, repercussions from the Old Guard's abuse of power being thrown in your face.
This means nothing but that they both hate Mystic and us, for some reason. You actually have to have evidence of any correlation.

I also know through other sources, most importantly being around when it happened, that you also had to fix the site & deal with hacker attacks on it as well. So once again, not convinced.
srb2.org and adjacent have been victim of targeted attacks a couple of times lately, and whoever the responsible party may be, that still has nothing to do with Mystic because, again, no evidence has come forth corroborating so. We have nothing to "convince" you of.

In fact, I feel bad for you for it, probably even worse knowing that you had no idea about them holding a grudge and thus no idea how to deal with that situation properly as a result as a community. That outburst of Motor Roach that got leaked on YT by the content maker aligned with WS implies that this is not as much of "business as usual" as you would have me believe, as he's clearly stressed about the situation based on the screenshots.
Any unspoken grudges someone may have had towards Mystic do not justify rule-breaking or otherwise unacceptable behavior inside the community and will still be punished accordingly. It is simply not our problem to deal with because, again, we removed him, we are not affiliated with him, and are doing our best to distance ourselves from the way he used to run things.

If we are somehow failing to uphold this, you're free to point out how.

You both do realize that considering the situation surrounding the MB vs WS having sharp tones of "if you're not with me, you're against me", that is the worst move I could make, because what's stopping you from trying anything while we discuss it within said DMs? In fact, your moderator buddy tried to do that last time, Sev, implying mutual distrust. What internet has taught me is sincerity often gets exploited & punished in situations like these. That is why I want my initial dealings with you to be seen by the public eye as well, for transparency's sake. I am forced to do this now, much like how I am forced to take this tone, because the situation demands that sort of serious tone.
I'm actually sorry that you see it that way, but I think the situation is completely one-sided. We have no qualms with SRB2 communities alternate to the official, and they do not pose any sort of threat to us either. All there is to it is that some people from there broke rules in their time here, were banned for it, and are hostile to us since. As Sev just put it, we're adults with jobs and have no time to wage internet wars against teenagers.

We value transparency just as much, so if it makes you more comfortable to discuss your grievances in public, feel free to do it right here! I'm actually curious about what evidence you might have and we will gladly share whatever we can as well.

This is also why I'm currently investigating the matter on my own. To quote myself from that same YT discussion: "In that case, neither you nor them will tell me the full truth of what happened. I will thank you for indulging whatever information you had regardless." Those reports don't tell me WHY they would do it or WHY all these human variables behaved the way they did, the only way I'm gonna get that is if I speak with the people themselves regardless of the side they're associated with and put those pieces together. And from what I've observed, Old Guard's actions have indirectly caused this incident as well.
If by "investigating the matter on your own" means to come in here and post paragraphs of confrontational, ominous wording while the only "evidence" you have is that "they had a grudge with Mystic, thus it's all connected," then pardon the thought: you are a terrible investigator.

You investigate things by asking questions to your target, and refuting false answers to those questions with evidence. What you've been doing so far is just making wild statements with no regard for what our answers may be or what facts we're presenting to you, which at its best is conspiratorial fearmongering and at worse bad faith slander.

Needless to say, the latter we do not tolerate, so I recommend being in your best form starting now.

Kitoko was an oldbie predator who had been protected by the old guard for a very long time, and was only finally able to be dealt with once they were removed from power.
Correction: Protecting him is a bit of a misnomer, they simply didn't do enough followup when concerns were brought to them. So you could consider it protecting unintentionally, but incompetence would be the most accurate and least misleading word.

Needless to say, the latter we do not tolerate, so I recommend being in your best form starting now.
Ban me then if you consider me a threat, it's clear that you see me as a hostile figure anyway.

Stand by your principles instead of blabbing this half-hearted nonsense in my face in an act of pretense that I can clearly see through.

Ban me then if you consider me a threat, it's clear that you see me as a hostile figure anyway.

Stand by your principles instead of blabbing this half-hearted nonsense in my face in an act of pretense that I can clearly see through.
Why would I consider you a threat when I just gave you the stage to make your case and you squandered the chance like this?

You're not cooking what you think you are, and no one here believes you: I'm just not removing anyone from this space unless they're bent on causing problems. I'm instead giving you a very simple task: either you substantiate the claims you've been making or you admit you don't know what you're talking about.

I am all for discussing problematic behavior in this community, but I kindly ask that you refrain from bringing this up again unless you find something to show that makes it worth discussing. This is at least the third time you have dragged our current staff's names through the mud for seemingly no good reason. It's just rude.

Anyway, this previously-dead thread has now been thoroughly derailed, so I'm going to go ahead and close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back