• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Heroes (slooowly progressing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, thats better, but her mouth makes her look sorta, mental. Mabye make it smaller and rotatate it with her mussle.

Personally, I think it looks sort of SRB2-Ish. Just look at some pictures drawn by SSNtails.

But they don't take up THEIR ENTIRE FACE.
Also, if you're adding characters, don't do Amy first, especially classic Amy. It would be cool to see Next-gen SRB2 style (eg, different features and not fat).
Oh great, now I'm ranting like a n00b. What am I doing?

Wow, Virt! Great job! Admittedly, the images aren't perfect, but they are excellent so far.

In other news... I got to find some time to work on this mod... It's been frozen for months and there's little I can do about it.

Hm... this looks nice.
I HATED Sonic Heroes, but this might turn out great.
I could possibly get OGGs for you, but I don't know if you want them looped or not.
Edit: I'm sure you want them looped.

This better?
amy.png
Better, but that's not the actual problem. The expression her eyes make just looks unnatural. If you reshaped her eyebrow or perhaps moved the eye, I can see it looking less "off".

That pink seems a bit... unsaturated.

To Virt,

I like the Rosy the Rascal Picture, but don't you think that it should be Amy, not Rosy (Yes I understand they are the same character.) (And I hope this will be finished. Why, because none of the other remakes have been finished. The closest one to being finished was, if I recall correctly, was SAB2 Port.) But I like the work you have done so far. Don't Quit on us!

To Epsyo,

At the speed it is progressing now, and with what happened the other attempted ports, I say there is little chance of this finishing. I suggest finding more members for your team. And I hope all of the characters and stages playable (SA2B port doesn't)

And I support you %100!

@Hex
Yes, I'm quite aware of that... The current members of the team need to do more work (no offense to those who are working well, nor to those that can't). I'm not quite sure how to find more members for such an underlooked mod, though. That is, without advertising. (Not quite the best choice of words, but oh well.)

I'll help in anyway I can. Although I'm not sure how. If you want Md2s than I'm your man.

Hey Espyo, I would like to help too. If you want some sprites or maps, I can help you out. I'm not a great mapper but I'll do my best to help if I can.

At the moment, what we need most is mappers. By far. I tried my best with Frog Forest and the results... so I recommend having good mapping skills if you want to create levels. Other than that, we also need a bit of help with coding.
One of these days I'll run down a list of what is needed.

Espyo, I think one of the things we need coded is the Checkpoints. Currently they don't really act like the Sonic Heroes checkpoints. If it's hardcoded into the game that the checkpoints blink when touched, then the Heroes checkpoints can go jump off a cliff. :L

You could make sprites that just have the same thing. So there's the untouched checkpoint then the blinking frames both just be off or no star.

That's funny. I could have sworn I added my custom (crappy) checkpoint sprites into the latest alpha release. They blink a bit strangely, but they aren't bad. Either way, if it's something that needs to be fixed in the future, it's not an important thing.

No, you added them allright. That's why I asked. Also I'm thinking about making some Green Forest Frog sprites. Would that be good? Because seeing 3D-Renders in a game full of sprite-looking-sprites is just odd.

@Virt
Please do. Though I was rather happy to rip the frog directly using several complicated methods, a 2D looking frog will be much better.

@Prime
Well, I'm not sure if people want to download the current beta files. All that disorganization... As of now, downloads aren't needed.

Downloads available?

Sorry if I'm being rude, but are you allowed to share the download links to the Sonic Heroes Level WADS? And if not, can you explain how to make them work when downloads are available? I've played an earlier version, but it wouldn't let me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back