SRB2 getting a port for iOS. with Panda Helper (and others) helping publish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas the Hedgefox

Yeah, maybe I deserve it...
We all love SRB2 here. all though i want to say this. SRB2 has a chance for going on iPhone, No, not like on the app store. but on third parties! Like Panda Helper, TweakBox. Or a IPA for people that have jailbroken phones. What are your guys opinions on this!

Please note that Sonic team junior will not be held accountable for a jailbroken iPhone but instead the person who has the jailbroken iPhone.

Sorry just had to get that out of the way, well first off you can just get an Android emulator for iPhone on the iPhone app store which will allow you to get the Android port of srb2 working on your iPhone but second off jimita (sorry if I spelled that wrong) makes both the Android ports and the Linux ports of srb2 and I don't think he will make an iPhone port because he already has a lot on his hands but maybe somebody around here can make the iPhone port just like the Nintendo switch port of srb2k.

Overall I quite like more people having access to srb2 because people shouldn't be left out of something fun just because they chose an iPhone over an Android but it might not happen in a while because of srb2 version 2.2.9 being intensely worked on.

But yeah I can't wait.

ah yes, people asking for a iOS port...
here something that Tatsuru once said in the SRB2 OS discord server:
AfROQLm.png

Have a good day... (not trying to sound rude btw.)

I mean, there is a shittier web browser edition to srb2 (but only for 2.2.4). if you can handle the bad controls, then you've got yourself srb2 on IOS.

I mean, there is a shittier web browser edition to srb2 (but only for 2.2.4). if you can handle the bad controls, then you've got yourself srb2 on IOS.
Considering we haven't gotten it to 2.2.8 and with 2.2.9 having a plethora of changes that would start the entire updating process over again, it's not worth it unless you want to play modless.

Though, an iOS port is just a no at this point.

Dont lose hope yet! There is still a way to play srb2 on ios.
I jailbroke my ipad and downloaded a dos emulator, (you can use idos, idos 2 or POWERDOS)
Then, i downloaded srb2 (demos 2 to 4.35 cuz that has dos support) And put it in the dos drive.
I then set my keybinds, went to asetup and did the sound and music setup and BAM! SRB2 ON IOS!

Dont lose hope yet! There is still a way to play srb2 on ios.
I jailbroke my ipad and downloaded a dos emulator, (you can use idos, idos 2 or POWERDOS)
Then, i downloaded srb2 (demos 2 to 4.35 cuz that has dos support) And put it in the dos drive.
I then set my keybinds, went to asetup and did the sound and music setup and BAM! SRB2 ON IOS!
They didnt mean old versions

They meant the newest versions of srb2

This thread is basically "what if there was an iOS port?" with almost nothing else going on, so it's probably about time this was locked. If someone begins development of an iOS port in earnest, please feel free to post about it in the Works in Progress forum. Until then, I found a web port that's currently working, which iOS users should be able to play the game with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back