• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 friendly Wad Author (IPS patch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espyo

For all those WadAuthor users out there:
Don't you get tired when sometimes, when you go check if there are any errors with the map, the "bad ceiling texture" error is all over the place, actually hiding some potentially fatal errors?
Well, with this IPS patch that I created, all those useless errors, that don't affect SRB2 will now be at the bottom of the list. And all the fatal/important ones will be at the top, with a "!" before the name.
This patch changes the following:
-Descriptions of stupid errors updated,
-Ceiling height errors at the very bottom,
-Bad ceiling texture is at the bottom,
-Invalid heights are "important",
-etc...

This patch is to be applied to wauthor.exe itself:
http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=2aebe71f902d35f09e8b63173b227c4f
I recommend using this tool to apply the patch (SNESTool):
http://www.rpgclassics.com/trans/downloads/snestl12.zip
All you need to know in particular is your directory's names in MSDOS.

If the admins think that this shouldn't be released, then delete the link, please.

Wel, i cn be ur 1st rep denz? *Shot*

Seriously, thish could be good for those that use Wadauthor...

The thing is, even I, one of the last WadAuthor holdouts, gave up and finally switched to SRB2DB so I could work on 1.1. WadAuthor is just too dated at this point for practical use.

Mystic said:
The thing is, even I, one of the last WadAuthor holdouts, gave up and finally switched to SRB2DB so I could work on 1.1. WadAuthor is just too dated at this point for practical use.

Same (except for the "work on 1.1" part)...

Sorry, Espyo.

Which reminds me, what happened with SRB2 Builder (NOT SRB2 Doom Builder)? I didn't hear about it since months ago.

Yay :D Just a suggestion, make sure the help file contains a reference list of all stuff (special sectors, linedefs and things). And yes, off-line, not like most programs that want you open a page in Internet :/

Sik said:
Which reminds me, what happened with SRB2 Builder (NOT SRB2 Doom Builder)? I didn't hear about it since months ago.

Srb2 Builder? What's that?
Anyway, this will be good for those that have WadAuthor.

Blade T. Hedgehog said:
Srb2 Builder? What's that?
It's a new level editor. It's not ready yet. That name is just a working title.

Sik said:
Just a suggestion, make sure the help file contains a reference list of all stuff (special sectors, linedefs and things). And yes, off-line, not like most programs that want you open a page in Internet :/
There will eventually (i.e. not in the first release) be an offline help file, but at the moment I don't plan to include a specials reference, for two reasons: in most (!) cases, loading remote documentation is not a problem; and it would be a lot of duplication of work. In any case, you can download AJ's specials list and refer to it offline. On this topic, there will be some limited integration with the Wiki.

IPS is a patching system for any kind of file. Since absolutely all formats can be read as raw binary data, IPS will work on any file.

It IS true that this is a simple patch, nothing special; yet, it's a tad more useful if you use WadAuthor.
When I created this, I didn't intend it to create a company for it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back