SRB2 Errors

What error do you get while playing an SRB2 netgame the most?

• Consistency Failure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad Name Change

• SOCK_Send

• Segment Violation

• Missing WAD

• Memory

• Other (also no error shown)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CF normally tends to happen because a joiner's character data isn't loading fast enough. If its speed isn't consistent with the game, then the game drops that player automatically. Hence the name: consistency failure. This can easily be solved by pausing during the player's join. (Sadly, a lot of newbies don't know this. :( )

As for other times, I really don't know. :?

Actually, consistancy failure is just when something isn't consistant between the server and the client. A common cause of consistancy failures is anytime something gets desynchonized between the host and the joiner. A particularly nasty one from earlier versions of SRB2 would cause a player joining a CTF netgame to spawn at a deathmatch start on one side and a capture the flag start on the other, so when the player moved, the game would check what sector they were in, find a contradiction, and kick the player with a consistancy failure.

LOL :D
What skulltag does is that it sends the player to the position the server has him at, regardless of where the player is (thus the jerking around affect if you lagging big time). Make it do that instead

Consistency failures don't close them out of the program; they close them out of the netgame. If it were to shut you down from the program, that would be an "Unknown Error."

oh wait, now i remember (its been that long since I had a CF) it was that wad prob I keep on getting (too lazy to download wads)

The reason people hate Consistency failures is because they ussally join netgames that have wads downloaded. When they get the error they will have to shut off their game because of the message that prevents you to join a server because you have wads downloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back