SRB2 Errors

What error do you get while playing an SRB2 netgame the most?

• Consistency Failure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad Name Change

• SOCK_Send

• Segment Violation

• Missing WAD

• Memory

• Other (also no error shown)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in netplay I typically get Wrong MDsum errors, which is alot like Missing WADs. Mainly because I never bothered to update most of my WADs.

Consistency Failure.... I hate it. I just REALLY hate it. I just wish it would die!!! :x

Oh, and stages cause consistency failure the most for me. Some character wad does too. But not as much as stages.

Yeah, I'd say consis failures kill the whole competition. Next to that, however, I'm missing wads that I'm too lazy to download. =P

I forgot to list it... but Connection Timeout is an issue.
Haven't any of you played a netgame where there was a
sudden massive lag-spike that stopped all gameplay and message
sending? Then, eventually somebody would have a Timeout.
I would say these are the most destructive.

Yeah, but if those didn't exist, then we'd have lag forever, in most cases. I'd say connection timeout is actually beneficial to the majority.

Without connection timeout, you would wonder why nothing is happening.
As for wad downloads, I don’t care that they are too huge to download from the server, just download them to my computer!!!

Blue Warrior said:
Yeah, but if those didn't exist, then we'd have lag forever, in most cases. I'd say connection timeout is actually beneficial to the majority.

Not necessarily. Connection Timeouts usually happen when someone is lagging, right? Instead of just disconnecting them, they could take action to get rid of the lag (the person about to be timeout'd)

both of you are wrong: when a player times-out, its because the server is not getting any packets from them, say if there internet connection switched off. once they time-out, there connection is dropped. timing out is just there to make shure that players that have no connection any more are dropped to allow other players to join

Edward850 said:
both of you are wrong: when a player times-out, its because the server is not getting any packets from them, say if there internet connection switched off. once they time-out, there connection is dropped. timing out is just there to make shure that players that have no connection any more are dropped to allow other players to join

So that like if there are 6 players, and 6 is the maximum on that server, then the system would kick the guy so there wasn't a basically empty slot there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back