SRB2 DB is being an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.
"A program can be an idiot? Who knew!"

I checked the wiki and found nothing on this, but heres my problem. Lets say theres a sector connected to another sector that I no longer need. If I delete the sector, the other sector still thinks it's there, right? Now if I were to change the back side of the lindef to another the sector surrounding those two-one of which were deleted- and saved it, I would get a node building error, and the wad gets corrupted. If I were to test it in game, the game says "The map has no sectors". It's really annoying. I don't have a screen right now though.

Is there any possible way to fix this?

One, I can barely understand that, and two, from what I can understand, you should be able to fix it by manually adjusting the sidedef's sectors.

Well, what I meant was, whenever I changed what sector a lindef was facing towards (for instance Front: 1 back: 2) it corrupted the file, and gave me a node build error...

What?

Delete sectors by moving all the vertices together. With stitch vertices on, of course. Also, try out the flip linedef function. It's a button on the very right.

This is what I do to delete a sector, and always works:

1. Delete the sector normally.
  2. For the linedefs that would just share with the deleted sector, I delete them.
  3. For the linedefs that now should become shared by two other sectors, I fix them (you know, make them two-sided, non-impassable, add back sidedef, set proper values for sidedefs' sectors).

Well I re-installed it and it seemed to work(Hopefully it doesn't stop), so did Sik's method of deleting without the wad going "boom".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back