• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 But Its 21 Century Humor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I find that no meme is funny after somewhere around the fifth time I see it (most get stale within days). Exceptions exist, but they're few and far between. To me, seeing what you have so far doesn't say "SRB2 But Funni" as much as it says "SRB2 but I thought it was funny to put memes in it."

I'm not here to stop you, or rain on your parade -- I think projects like these are a good way to get used to editing SRB2, after all -- but I find it unlikely that very many people will get much out of this. If I were you, I would consider taking an approach more like SRB2SBAHJ, which is, frankly, a master class on how to shitpost in the form of SRB2 addons. It stays away from memes for the most part. Instead, it throws whatever it can think of at you -- the humor comes from the sheer chaos of the situations you deal with in each map combined with the odd assets. I can still hear those Doritos scream, and I'll never forget that GFZ1 edit with that big nonsense bullshit death slime area added. I would give more examples, but it's best to experience it for yourself. It's not necessarily fun to play, but its unpredictable nature makes it entertaining, and maybe even worth completing. I had a good few laughs playing it in co-op back in the day.

What I'm trying to say is it would be worth your time to put more thought into what you're making. What you've shown here is, frankly, very predictable. It's obvious, low hanging fruit that makes me feel more inclined to groan than to laugh. It doesn't bring anything original or interesting to the table. That said, I do believe you're capable of making something truly entertaining -- you just have to think outside the box. Aim for an end result that's less about making people go "hehe they replaced a thing with another thing" and more about "lmao what is even going ON here" and you'll be well on your way.

Here's a suggestion, convert the hard crylaugh emoji into sonic's face
TTWING DEFINITIVE.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back