SRB2 at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lippa

BONES creator
Hey there, I've been thinking of getting back into this community and maybe starting up a WAD project or something, but looking around the forums I'm noticing a surprisingly low amount of activity and alot of dead threads that should be important. Is the community... much more dead than it was back in ~2006-2009? It seems awfully quiet around here.

From what I've observed, the community isn't exactly dead, it's just been pretty inactive over the past few...months? Perhaps more than that I don't really know that well. It's very likely that once the latest version of Srb2 is released the community will probably be more active then it is now. If you're looking to start up a WAD project, I'm sure there are some people around here who would be happy to assist you.

Remember that period of stagnancy between 1.09.4 and 2.0?

We're at that point again.

Everything will jump back up when 2.1 rolls around.

As much as this moment in time is parallel to that point Rob mentioned, the OLDC has for all purposes died until 2.1 due to lack of interest in it anymore. Really, it wasn't that bad last time, was it?

You have to remember that this is a 14-year-old fangame based on a franchise that has lost its reputation and most of its audience over the course of these 14 years. The fact that this community still exists is surprising enough.

Atleast there is a lot of people who host on the MS, too...
So yeah,when 2.1 releases,i guess everyone will be picking up interest on it again.

I sure am interested in the new version to come out. Maybe more people will come back to the community if they haven't completely forgotten about it already?
*Just checked the forums out of curiosity*

Part of the issue is inspiration, editing pretty much keeps this community going so if nobody has any good ideas, nothing happens.

What it really needs is someone to coming up with some fresh new concept using a boatload of SOC and Map editing, like how you get those revolutionary new ideas then everyone uses the same basis to create other mods.

There's an example on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't think of what it is...

SRB2Riders?

You been keeping up-to-date lately? SRB2 Riders hasn't been touched much in a year or so now.

SRB2 Kart on the other hand used to be quite popular in the sense Cue mentioned, yes, but lately even that isn't played so much anymore.

Part of the issue is inspiration, editing pretty much keeps this community going so if nobody has any good ideas, nothing happens.

What it really needs is someone to coming up with some fresh new concept using a boatload of SOC and Map editing, like how you get those revolutionary new ideas then everyone uses the same basis to create other mods.

There's an example on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't think of what it is...
Dumbventure? Lightless Labyrinth? Azure Temple?

Dumbventure? Lightless Labyrinth? Azure Temple?

While there are indeed good ideas rolling about, we must remember that when you combine lack of interest back into that, you don't necessarily get new stuff... When there's noone to see what's new, it's as if nothing is new. That's basically what's happened here. The only people left, really, are those who care, and those of who care who are working on a map project (like me) probably aren't the type to rushjob a map for the OLDC. That being said, we still can't predict what 2.1 will bring; was there a relative drop or jump in when comparing the 1.09 peak and the 2.0 peak?

The truth is that the time between the releases of 2.0 and 2.1, it's a time that people go away to check other stuff, to raise Chao, to play other sonic games, etc.

Some people stay because they love this game but little by little, they are starting to lose their love to the game, because the game is taking too long to be released. I'm not saying that the game should be released sooner, but something must be done. I am saying this because I'm truly a fan of the game and I would hate to see the game losing fans.

(off-topic: I hope that my grammar was ok on that)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back