SRB2 2D

who wants me to

• no i dont

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, shut up. TGF is not to blame for crappy fangames, crappy fangamers are to blame for that. the ONLY real limit I can think of it the object limit, and I'd heard there was a way around that, too.

Where did you come from?!? Get back in the basement! *Beats Sonikuuu with a bat*

Hmm... id like to see a beta of this project, if i understand correctly, its being made in TGF/MMF, Correct?

well, Unless you know how create paralaxx using the Background System Box, or know the BASICS of static-al movement, then i say you wont be able to make this project..

//Unless your using MMF Standard. im sure you wont have the extensions for it [ espically opening wads, unless you use the file object.
// ALSO, dont forget to set hotspots in your actives, or so help your project..

Platform engines work just as well, if not better, than static ones, and require far less work. Also, their only bug is the old 'Get stuck in walls' bug, and that is easily fixed. :?

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Platform engines work just as well, if not better, than static ones, and require far less work. Also, their only bug is the old 'Get stuck in walls' bug, and that is easily fixed. :?

Woah, have you even touched MMF or TGF or have you been smoking something? Slopes, keeping speed when you land from a jump, and ceilings are all broken in the built-in platform engines.

He's right, though. Platform Movement is out if you want a game that even REMOTELY feels good, since you DO get stuck in walls, hang on ceilings, fly off slopes, stop the instant you land, et al. Of course, with FastLoop I can whip out a working static engine in no time flat... not sure how I would translate it to an actual programming language, but still.

360° engines are good too, but they're WAY over my head. I blame the fact TGF doesn't have Sin and Cos functions, meaning you have to rely on the Advanced Math Object, which has some VERY complicated syntax. Ugh.

Shadow Hog said:
He's right, though. Platform Movement is out if you want a game that even REMOTELY feels good, since you DO get stuck in walls, hang on ceilings, fly off slopes, stop the instant you land, et al. Of course, with FastLoop I can whip out a working static engine in no time flat... not sure how I would translate it to an actual programming language, but still.

360° engines are good too, but they're WAY over my head. I blame the fact TGF doesn't have Sin and Cos functions, meaning you have to rely on the Advanced Math Object, which has some VERY complicated syntax. Ugh.

MMF does! :mrgreen: Even so though, 360 engines are very hard to figure out. I got this 360 tutorial off SFGHQ by Damazien, noticed it had no "go into a spin on the ground" function and tried to add it myself. Big mistake. ^^;;

littlejust said:
hey Ssntails, Mystic, Sonikuuu (?is this how you spell it?) i saw your old version of srb2 and played it, it was much better than srb and i wanted to ask for the people who dont have enough space to download the full thing, to make a full 2D version via MMF?? ill make it.... i mean i asked sonikuuu (? still cant spell?) but he hasnt replied so uh.... can i?
Learn how to spell.

Whatever happened to Sonikku?

JJames19119 said:
Shadow Hog said:

MMF does! :mrgreen: Even so though, 360 engines are very hard to figure out. I got this 360 tutorial off SFGHQ by Damazien, noticed it had no "go into a spin on the ground" function and tried to add it myself. Big mistake. ^^;;

A lot of people dispise MMF for how complicated and user-unfriendly it is. Myself included.

The better choice is definitively programming using SDL or Allegro
Programming languages give me more control of this crappy "TEE GEE EFF"
And TGF is old, the latest version was released in 2000
Game Maker isn't really the best, but at least is better than TGF and MMF

Hey, is STJR still going with the idea to make a couple of the TGF SRB levels in SRB2?

When I used TGF some many years ago, I absolutely sucked with it. No matter how hard I tried, my character kept falling through the floor. It seemed to completely ignore the fact that I told the floor tile thingy that it was solid and walkable on. If you're going to make a 2D SRB2, you might want to just program it normally without TGF. I've played numerous fangames made in TGF. All of them had the same problems (sticky ceilings and walls, getting stuck in walls, etc.), except for one really well programmed one. Even then, loading music is slow in TGF. Every time the music changes, my game paused for about 2 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back