SRB2 (2.1.25) on Chromebook is Possible! (probably o_o)

RoboFanatic

Robots are cool
My Chromebook is a Samsung 4 one, 32 GB, with a Intel Inside processor

The answer is, Wine, a software that runs Windows exe files, i tested this on my School Chromebook, which is highly restricted, but i just added in another user and was able to mod the Chromebook easily :grin:

My teachers are gonna be :wow:

unoptimized
me running it through the terminal

So there is a few disadvantages that make the game slightly unplayable, such as turning around making the game give a split second delay, and not being able to run it via software rendering (the best one AAAAAA)

Update, I had tested 2.2 with the Flatpak method yesterday, but i uninstalled it

I do not recommend you to make playing SRB2 on a chromebook the main way you play it, just get a Windows laptop

Last edited:
My Chromebook is a Samsung 4 one, 32 GB, with a Intel Inside processor

The answer is, Wine, a software that runs Windows exe files, i tested this on my School Chromebook, which is highly restricted, but i just added in another user and was able to mod the Chromebook easily :grin:

My teachers are gonna be :wow:

View attachment 91281View attachment 91282

So there is a few disadvantages that make the game slightly unplayable, such as turning around making the game give a split second delay, and not being able to run it via software rendering (the best one AAAAAA)

Update, I had tested 2.2 with the Flatpak method yesterday, but i uninstalled it

I do not recommend you to make playing SRB2 on a chromebook the main way you play it, just get a Windows laptop
i cant turn on lunix becuase the locked it on my school computer can you at least help me how to unlock the linx on my computer?

Can somone help i still have lunix blocked on my computer can somone tell me how to unblock?

Last edited:
Can somone help i still have lunix blocked on my computer can somone tell me how to unblock?
What do you mean blocked? You mean you can't download a bootable image on these computers because their websites are blocked? Or you're trying to boot from a USB stick and it's blocked? Or you're trying something more exotic like Microsoft's WSL or a virtual machine and you can't install WSL or the VM software on the Windows computers? You should also know that there's both Secure Boot, which blocks booting from certain USB sticks or optical discs if they're not signed by Microsoft, and there's BIOS passwords, which could block you from instructing the computer to try and boot from external media. Secure Boot largely can be disabled, and many GNU/Linux distros include a signature from Microsoft to allow them to boot anyway without disabling Secure Boot or messing with the signatures the computer accepts. Also which distro are you trying to run? Perhaps it's also a technical issue with how you're trying to do it rather than the computer actively blocking it.

What do you mean blocked? You mean you can't download a bootable image on these computers because their websites are blocked? Or you're trying to boot from a USB stick and it's blocked? Or you're trying something more exotic like Microsoft's WSL or a virtual machine and you can't install WSL or the VM software on the Windows computers? You should also know that there's both Secure Boot, which blocks booting from certain USB sticks or optical discs if they're not signed by Microsoft, and there's BIOS passwords, which could block you from instructing the computer to try and boot from external media. Secure Boot largely can be disabled, and many GNU/Linux distros include a signature from Microsoft to allow them to boot anyway without disabling Secure Boot or messing with the signatures the computer accepts. Also which distro are you trying to run? Perhaps it's also a technical issue with how you're trying to do it rather than the computer actively blocking it.
If you don't know what the hell im talking about heres prof:
Screenshot 2023-05-17 2.04.31 PM.png

see and the gray means its blocked

If you don't know what the hell im talking about heres prof: View attachment 91642
Alright that's a Chromebook, not a usual laptop. Chromebooks have proprietary firmware that locks them down and prevents them from running basically anything other than the official OS they come with. I'm not that knowledgeable about them, and I've seen stuff on the Web where people managed to install Windows on them, but your best guess would be to try to run a GNU/Linux environment in a chroot in the Chromebook using a third-party utility or something. There's no way around searching for the specific model of the Chromebook and what it supports, or just using a different computer altogether.

Alright that's a Chromebook, not a usual laptop. Chromebooks have proprietary firmware that locks them down and prevents them from running basically anything other than the official OS they come with. I'm not that knowledgeable about them, and I've seen stuff on the Web where people managed to install Windows on them, but your best guess would be to try to run a GNU/Linux environment in a chroot in the Chromebook using a third-party utility or something. There's no way around searching for the specific model of the Chromebook and what it supports, or just using a different computer altogether.
oh ok.

If you don't know what the hell im talking about heres prof: View attachment 91642
Oh no! thats unfortunate, it is not possible to install SRB2 without linux development enviroment, unless if some random person makes another stable web port, maybe try tricking your school into thinking that Linux is a powerful system intended for schools or something, they might disable it, or try formatting the Chromebook and logging your school account back in, remember to back up your school and homework files!

Yea that's one of the 5 ways I play SRB2
Cool!
Post automatically merged:

Hey Man did you try the web out?
Web out? what do you mean by that?
Post automatically merged:

I found out what to do, try and add another user to your Chromebook, since your school account is obviously blocked, i did the same when i first got my Chromebook to do some nerdy shenanigans on it (Play blocked games and execute Windows apps)

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back