• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.
  • We've updated our submissions guidelines to address AI generated content, take a look at them here.

(Spriter Wanted, DEMO 2 OUT) Another Take On Ashura

Hello, so... demo 2 will be delayed because my laptop charger just died, I could work on it with my phone but the demo 2 file is on my laptop, I hope you guys understand.
 
Oh no...
How long is your laptop charger gonna recharge?
Well.. I will need to buy another charger so it will take some days until I start working on demo 2 again.
The only things missing that I need to add yet is Ashura's spindash dust and the easter egg and maybe some other things I forgot.
 
Well.. I will need to buy another charger so it will take some days until I start working on demo 2 again.
The only things missing that I need to add yet is Ashura's spindash dust and the easter egg and maybe some other things I forgot.
...So do you do this every time your laptop charger dies? ....You buy a new one?
 
I finally got the new charger, and finished everything for demo 2! but I decided to remove the easter egg (more like a secret) because it´s not xmas anymore :(. Everything I said in progress log 3 is here plus:
-Ashura´s super form now buffs Bubble Burst speed and Swim ascend/descend
-Ashura´s spin trail is now gone
-Ashura´s character select image was changed
this demo was a bit rushed so expect some bugs (if you find bugs report it), and remember all Ashura´s sprites are placeholders just to differentiate Ashura and Sonic until Ashura gets unique sprites. Hope ya´ll enjoy this demo :threat:
Edit: Forgot to say I reused the addon Run On Water to do the spindash dust effect
 

Attachments

  • CL_AnotherAshuraTake-vDEMO2.pk3
    227.7 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
good ideas for the mod: super peelout and spamdash
Post automatically merged:

btw, i liked it
Post automatically merged:

Let me know if you liked it! :wonderful:
i liked it actually
Post automatically merged:

i really said that i liked it twice by accident
 
Last edited:
(Progress Log #4)
I didn't work much on the mod these days because I lost a little interest, that doesn't mean it's cancelled, I just started doing other things and getting ready for going back to school. Ashura will also be compatible with Fang's Heist! (only the recode builds and I recommend you join fang´s heist discord server to see it´s development too! :grin:).I'm going to finish everything for Ashura's compatibility with Fang's Heist and BattleMod when I can with my free time. see ya´ll later :wow:
Captura de Tela (198).png

Captura de Tela (199).png
 
(Progress Log #5)
Hello, just here to say that Ashura´s swim is getting a great optimization, now instead of changing Ashura´s normalspeed it will thurst ashura forwards until he reach his normalspeed, that mean that ashura will not cause bugs or things like that with mods who changes the player´s normalspeed and goes more faster now! also, while i´m trying to learn how in the lua coding hells i´m gonna do Ashura´s BattleMod moveset while also dealing with school, I wanted to ask you guys a question about If ashura needs nerfs on non-coop gamemodes, even tho ashura have a simple moveset ashura maybe does takes some vantage in some maps and gamemodes.

Should Ashura´s nerfs be:
No nerfs at all.
No swim.
No swim increased speed.
No swim ascend/descend.
No bubble burst up burst cancel.
No bubble burst lowgrav.
No bubble burst upward thrust on activation.
Other (comment it).

Multiple or only BatteMod/Fang´s Heist nerfs can be accepted
(here´s sum asura battemod moeset test)
srb20061.gif
 
You should add the bounce and teleport (with water trail) from Sonic Boll!
You should also give Ashura the ability to not drown.
Oh and for Battle Mod and Fang's heist you shouldn't nerf him at all.
2026-01-28 17-46-54.gif
2026-01-28 17-47-54.gif
 
You should add the bounce and teleport (with water trail) from Sonic Boll!
You should also give Ashura the ability to not drown.
Oh and for Battle Mod and Fang's heist you shouldn't nerf him at all.
View attachment 182563View attachment 182562
Sorry man, Ashura´s moveset is already done and I don´t think in adding more moveset to him, and someone is or was already doing a Ashura with the Boll Moveset, I´ll look about the ability for Ashura not to drown tho.
 
Hello everyone, I´m sorry to say this but, Another Take On Ashura will be ON HOLD, I recently had permission to port a sonic 1 forever mod to SRB2! you can see the original mod here. I´m now using almost all of my free time to work on it. I´m maybe start working on this mod again, see you guys in the future. (this message got deleted before idk how)
 

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back
Top