• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sprite Test BlueBon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amethirst

Stuff.
1-1.png

Hello,my name is TeenBlade.This is my first attempt at spriting and I
came up with this:BlueBon.

I would like to hear any comments about how to make it better.
Thank you.Improved.

Last edited:
You wanted to learn how to sprite, so you chose the laziest and most boring character design possible. Seriously, it looks lazier than a crawla's design.
First off, the color. Its too dark, and has little contrast, thus making it lack definition and volume. The fact the you constantly shaded it horizontally instead of using the shading to define the figure only hurts this sprite more, you couldn't just shade a circle right? (What's the point of overly shading the hands and feet anyway? They're so small and hardly noticeable in comparison with the rest).
And For a ball with stick legs, the linearts also bretty wonky/wobbly, and the light-source's all over the place.

Last edited:
You wanted to learn how to sprite, so you chose the laziest and most boring character design possible. Seriously, it looks lazier than a crawla's design.
First off, the color. Its too dark, and has little contrast, thus making it lack definition and volume. The fact the you constantly shaded it horizontally instead of using the shading to define the figure only hurts this sprite more, you couldn't just shade a circle right? (What's the point of overly shading the hands and feet anyway? They're so small and hardly noticeable in comparison with the rest).
And For a ball with stick legs, the linearts also bretty wonky/wobbly, and the light-source's all over the place.
Ok,I'll fix the shading and make the design more better.I'm remaking it as I speak.

Okay then, but take my C+C in mind aswell, the contrast is really what needs a fix.

Its a character.

Not saying that you can't keep this topic up, but I'd like to point out that character wads have upwards of 179 separate sprites in them, each. You shouldn't attempt something like that unless you are very sure of both your abilities as a spriter, and of your commitment to the project, which will require an extremely large amount of time to complete.

For that matter, characters aren't the only things you can make sprites of. You can make sprites of enemies, scenery, moveable objects, pickups, and bosses, all of which will require significantly less effort than putting together a character wad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back