Spring Sector/Linedef

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoctor

Yes, I know there is a page on the wiki, but it barely gives any useful information about it, and when trying to download the example wad, it gives me a "Permission Error".

How can I change the force/power/height of how high the player goes when stepping on a spring sector? The wiki says the linedef's length determains it, but no matter what size I made the length the power/height at which the player is sent in the air, the player still goes up at same height.

I assume you're talking about SRB2CB?

The reason you couldn't download the example WAD is because nobody has uploaded one yet. Without seeing your map, I can't tell you what you did wrong. All I can say is you need to tag the linedef to the spring sector and give that sector the spring sector effect. The length of the linedef should determine the height you bounce to, unless you checked the "Not Climbable" flag, in which case it's the front texture X offset.

Nevermind, I was making the small foolish mistake of not setting the sector tag to 240, works fine now. This could be locked and forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back