*SPOILER* A 8th SP stage? *SPOILER*

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoatRack

Official Community CoatRack
Sonic Team Junior
[spoiler:61a5651d1b]
srb20000.png

Was the Master Emerald gonna be in ME at one point?
[/spoiler:61a5651d1b]

Huh, turns out it is a separate map. Isn't it amazing how the developers LOVE to screw with us?

Hey look, it's a recolor of the seventh special stage!

Two things we all hate the most! :(

Super_Sonic119 said:
Apparently it's the original SS7, which is/was harder than the SS7 we all know and love. :P
Says it all.

Sadly, it doesn't work without modifying the game in some way.

There was never any intent to bring the master emerald back into ME.

I went through the the srb2.srb file and I found,
[spoiler:41ebdc7056]the Black Emerald as a sprite. I think some people may be lying.[/spoiler:41ebdc7056]

There is no 8th emerald. The fact that its sprite is still around means nothing -- there is no code remaining for it in the game whatsoever.

And if you don't believe me, a programmer for this very game you're discussing, then who would you believe?

Considering AJ's also a programmer for SRB2 and you can't believe a word he says about secrets, that doesn't mean much, Matt =P

What I personally don't get is that you people seriously "left" a version of the old SS7 in that was "ignored" to the point where it doesn't even work as a special stage anymore while magicially replacing the textures with an 8th set of SS textures.

Why does it have an 8th set of textures? As far as I can recall, this was always referred to as the seventh special stage, even back when dev whined about hard it was.

Well, Penopat, there are two very obvious possibilities here:

1. There actually IS an eighth emerald, hidden somewhere in the game, and that's the special stage to unlock it.
2. It's a hoax because we were bored and easily amused.

I'd say both of those are equally likely. Figure out which one it is on your own.

This was the original SS7 before being "nerfed".
I don't know why Mystic "nerfed" it. It's just as easy/hard as the new one.

(SS8 = Inner Sanctum = In-game joke D:)

I don't know why SS8 is there, every time I try to jump over a pit, the level ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back