• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Speedy the Hedgehog [Paint.NET time]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link

"The hated one"
I just got Paint.NET and it is an awesome paint program...
So I thought "maybe using Paint.NET i could make Speedy the Hedgehog and he would look RIGHT. I can draw him better now too!" So I start my work on this wad and then said "this is taking too long!" then I execute the screen fixer and this comes out:
SPDYA1-1.png

Now i decide that I need to use high-res to make it the right size!
So please tell me how ! am doing on this!
And tell how I can make this better!
[yes I KNOW I didn't add shading.Don't worry I'm working on it...]
And I AM trying to make him look Sonic X style...
Besides XWE will probably screw it up anyways

Last edited:
I am fixing it.
I improved the shading and am now making it look more SRB2... ish.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

and it's not a recolor.
I made that COMPLETELY by hand.
Soon it will be UPGRADED!!!
Besides... almost everything is just a Sonic with different sprites because it's really hard to make anything with the very few features in wad editing!

Last edited:
He means it's a recolor by the character itself, Just a red Sonic with different shoes, red arms, and a strange chest thing.

It's a recolor because it's sonic with a different color scheme.

Just because you drew it by hand doesn't mean it's not a recolor.

There's no more ways to make him better!
I can't do it!
Even Senku and Metal Sonic and SMS are just a Sonic now.
Sonic Team JR made it pretty hard to make a good wad now!

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

And he's wearing a Knux chest thingy...

It's not any harder than it was before.

Work on originality and develop spriting skills. THEN you can make a wad.

Also, everyone hates SMS here.

There's no more ways to make him better!
I can't do it!
Even Senku and Metal Sonic and SMS are just a Sonic now.
Sonic Team JR made it pretty hard to make a good wad now!

Oh sure, blame THEM because YOU can't think of anything. Senku is unique now (and a human form version is being made), Metal Sonic has ALWAYS been a clone since Sonic CD, and SMS is a recolor anyway. Hell, look at Eggman, he plays unique too! Senku and Eggman prove that unique wads CAN be done, so TRY.

As for the art, it does NOT make a good sprite, even in High-res, and it IS a recolor design.

What about the MONEY!
I am always trying my HARDEST and spending money on a good computer and everyone hates me! It's just like at my school! I have one friend...

Blah blah blah drama. Please, we've seen this stuff too much. And where does money fit into this?

AT LEAST SOMEONE KNOWS HOW IT WILL BE!
I am working on this!
It will be good. YOU'LL SEE!

None of us hate you. We're just telling you that the wad is not going to turn out well, and you're making a big deal about it.

Fine I will make an SRB2 Style wad now!

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

LOCK!
[to me]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back