• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Special stage backgrounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritz

Subhedgehog
Sonic Team Junior
I'm going to start working on my first wad. But in order to complete it, I need the special stage backgrounds. Please send them to me, as the level just wouldn't feel right without them. Oh, and how do you make custom objects and textures? And is it possible to rip custom music from other wads (i.e, Yellow Galaxy's music) without going to the music's source? Sonic cult is down, and doesn't look like it's going to be fixed anytime soon. :?

You can take the BG's from srb2.srb(using DeepSea) by opening it and
press F7, then click on "Export lump to a file", then there u go :wink: !

P.S: same goes to the music, open the wad and save them as
.mus or .mid.

I never thought I'd ever have to ressurect this topic, but alas, it is my sworn duty as topic necromancer.

I actually want to extract the backgrounds this time around. Y'know, for recoloring and stuff. I tried SS005's advice, but where exactly am I supposed to go to after I click "Export lump to file"? Or better yet, if you could just send me all the special stage backgrounds, go ahead. Less skin off my nose. =/

EDIT: Oh, and what's this "Automatic texture creation" thing? It sounds uber-sexy, and I know there's some sort of catch. Oh, and how do you work the "Export pallette" thingy? That sounds rather useful, especially for what I'm trying to pull off.

Oh...
Man, you guys dash my hopes.

Here's what happend:
Ritz said:
From what I understand, a441 b0rked the intermission code, and ran off without fixing it. 1.09 would have been out by now if it weren't for this little screwup, and now it won't be out until some time around... July, I believe it was.

Use XWE. DeepSea's cool and all, but XWE's the only one I know how to make custom textures for (see archived topic).

That said, when you export the lump to a file, usually you also tell it where to save, so I'm not sure what your problem is.

Perhaps, but if I want the backgrounds, what lump should I be extracting?

Thanks, but I already figured it out myself. ^^;
SRB2000.gif

How is it?

Thanks. Now, If I can just figure out how to use that sky's pallette in individual levels instead of messing up the whole srb2.srb, I'm all set.

Use Photoshop and the standard DOOM pallete, and have it automatically assign colors for you?

Or, hey, any editor that has that sort of thing.

I have a dude: can WadAuthor edit the WADs after editing they with XWE and added something like headers?

Sik: yeah, I think so. Shadow Hog: I mean, assigning the pallette to individual wads, instead of the normal game.

Yes, the texture. Don't worry, I can probably figure it out on my own, haven't tried it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back