SpazzTastic Community Pack! NEW RELEASE (mt_spazztastic.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fun to play in large, vast, detailed levels. I'd name one, but I'm not going to. You'll find out soon enough.

I just don't see how you could play it when you can't really mess with anything in the level, other than buttons and statues. I mean, when you play in real life, you can take a ladder and get on the roof, then hide the ladder or pull it up with you. You can also move leaves and sticks around to help make yourself blend in with the environment, as well as climb up trees and other things. I just don't see how you could do anything like this in the blocky environments SRB2 provides.

MGS3 Subsistence is just online hide and seek with guns, and it's the best game ever. ;)

Really? I thought HnS was more or less dull in that stage, seeing that you spend half the time just trying to look for someone.

*Shot by Digiku*

Wow, you all love tails base, eh?
Next version will include a replacement wad for Playahs wad (sorry, it _REALLY_ lags in servers) In which I havent decided on.

Digiku said:
Really? I thought HnS was more or less dull in that stage, seeing that you spend half the time just trying to look for someone.

*Shot by Digiku*

...That's rather the point of that game.
It really was fun.
Save the tremendous framerate lag I caused. >_<

Yeah, but in Playah's maps, looking for someone is often easier (I think).

I'm redoing BSZ HnS, in any case. I'm building up from Mid-End rather than stripping down from High-End.

It's not a broken linedef. It's what happens when you make sectors too big for Software mode (12000x12000 fracunits is approximately the safe maximum size you can make a sector).

Bad news...

screenshot0087ud.png

REDWALL found

Not only is that NOT a broken linedef.. I've never even HEARD that term. What is it? O_o

It's a term I made up for when linedef screws up in one of the many ways it can. Dark Mystic has been using it for that glitch in large sectors in software mode. Really my term for that glitch is "phantom walls". But it can't really be fixed.

Linedef is too mapperey.
You need to call it "OMGITSTEHBORKED"
That's nice and user friendly.

Really, anything you say like "broken linedef" is just plain wrong. I don't see why we can't call it a renderer error. That's what it is, and it's no more complicated than any other thing you want to call it, except that "renderer error" is actually what it turns out to be. I mean, everyone here knows about the SIGSEGV. I'd say "signal handler: segment violation" is a lot more complicated than "renderer error".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back