SP and circuit votes Roger.

Rogerregorroger

Animator
✨ Collaborator ✨
Singleplayer

1. Pagoda park.
Eh, this wasn't that good. Oh, I have to rank my own level the heighest? Well.
It's perfect, awesome. Basic level structure with little to no advance level hazards going on at all. The rush job where some of the emblems were marked in the wrong level, the water animation at the end had no mirror image and one of the puts had no Death asigned to it elevates this level to the top of pefection. The fatal mistakes gives it it's lovable charm, the motto of my entire career.

2.Foliage Furnace Zone.
Oh, great level choice, favorite level from after the sequel and you use that mix between nature and industry very well.
Nice graphics, very detailed, the level has a great flow to it. Solid direction Great fun to play. Good direction indeed.
And you manage to get horizontally moving platforms, moving in a circle even. Top points for advanced use of level design tools.
Even a text intro. Neato.

3.Shadow of Aztlan Zone.
Why, hi there HUB room neighbour. I wonder if the Hub designers put you right next to me on purpose, that Wild West town with the silly interiors is right up my alley. Nice to see what my level design sensibilities lok like done by someone with an actual mastery of the SRB2 level tools. Great foreboding atmosphere, good level direction, tons of fun little decorational sections. Custom enemies. Oh, rotating platforms, points fo advanced game design.
Would have been nice to have gotten a more clear warning I had to kill all enemies to advance in the evil church area. But I forgive you for sending me on a nice vacation in Florida at the end. I love the Nasa space base. Top marks.

4. Hakuryu Dojo.
And speaking of more competent people making the type of levels I would have, hi there fellow ancient Japan level theme user.
Mighty fine level theme you got there.
That teleportation maze was a neat little gameplay twist I've never seen before. Custom enemies. I love the level is a series of Kung fu challenges you go trough, very neat idea.
It's long tough. Phew. And that boss at the end is nasty. But hey, custom boss, points for effort. Good stuff. I guess you have to opposite flaw that I have tough, more pleasantly open spacey area's, but a little empty in scenery some times. That's the problem of having some specific rooms very richly decorated, it makes the more empty locations immediatly stand out. Oh well. Still appreciate the little decoration touches whenever we do get them.

5. Fatal Factory Zone.
Your stupid factory keeps killing me. So uh, points for accurate naming.
Stop having more impressive aquariums then I had in my level.
Oh, Sonic Adventure music.
Points for using a factory level, I don't see those too often.
Woa, working moving ropes? Top marks for advance level tool usage.
Stop having better sliding sections then I had.
Good use of the snail enemies, love the tension of you seeing the projectiles coming at you in advance.
Love the straight forward action hazard level design, came as a breath of fresh air after playing trough several more puzzle orientated levels.

6. Overgrown Heights Zone Act 2.
Plenty of foilage, so it's overgrown alright, good title.
Nice atmosphere. While I prefer the more bouncy upbeat atmosphere of act 1, you do a good job creating a more somber and mysterious atmosphere here.
More calm and confident level design compared to act 1 too. Act 1 was throwing everything and the kitchen sink at me to kill me, this one is more calmly handing out the punishment.
Oh, nice skybox.
Ah, I like the floating ball gimmick. Nice use of it here.
Yeah, good platforming here. One point of note tough, the traitorous springs. While I'm not quite as strict on trusting springs as others on this forum are, but having to move the camera 160 degrees before even seeing you're about to fly past your landing point and into danger is kind of nasty.

7. Dark Marsh.
Oh, Rayman 2 art? Cool.
You got rotating chains to work? Couldn't get these $#*%& things working after 2 days of struggling. Well, bonus points for you.
Straight forward platforming, but still intense because of enemy and platform placement.
I found the open wide atmosphere refreshing.
Oh, jumping on Pirate ships, nice.
Uh, not much to say. Straight to the point fun.

8. Aquatic Port Zone
Why, hello other HUB room neighbour.
And welcome back, you got quite a beating last time, yet here you are with a fresh new level. Points for perseverance.
Huh, a remix of 8bit labyrinth zone. Used one myself in the past. Wonder if it's a coincidence they put you in the same room as me. Either way, nice music.
I like the water pillars. Could make for a fun level gimmick. Too bad you don't do much with it in this level yet, still noted.
Oh, a horizontal moving platform. Points for advance level tool usuage.
I love how the enemies follow you too, makes for a fun dynamic danger.
Visually, the level isn't easy on the eyes tough.
More strategic color usage could have been your friend, especially in directing players toward the puzzles. Because you sure love throwing players in an intimidating puzzles with little to no visual cues about what's happening.
I love the idea of turning water into goop for a puzzle, good thinking.
Would have been better if the walls, exit and other elements were better indicated trough color
Puzzles got me stomped for a bit, and am afraid couldn't beat the stage, no idea what to do with the streaming water section, fighting my way into a diffrent direction just ends in a deadend I can't escape from. Yeah, some levels beneath you were more fun to play, to be honest. Still, so many new and creative ideas were used here, got to give you some bonus points for that at least.

9. Emerald Aether Zone.
ARGHH, Green Hill Zone agaaiiiin. Points for the pointy mountain scenery tough, that looked neat and unique.
Oh, horizontal moving platforms. Points for advanced level tools.
The slope launchers are fun.
Level has a nice pace and flow to it, altough it can be a little chaotic at times, visually. Tough it's no big deal, it doesn't interefere with the level enjoyment at all, just a minor visuial nitpick.

10. Galactic Facility Zone.
Hmm, wood textures in a space station? Or am I seeing it wrong?
Nice music. Thought it was Megaman Battle and Chase at first, but appearently it's Megaman 8 for the Saturn. Close enough.
Thanks for giving the player a warning about the upcoming Space vacuum challenge in advance.
Boy, the level goes from harmless and mellow to straight up nightmare as soon as we get the outside area's.
You did a smart thing by using colors properly to indicate gameplay change, making the outside very brown and the interior more blue/ purple green. Good thinking....And then you use a lot of brown floor tiling inside anyway. Oops. I wouldn't use any brown inside for better color communication.
Well I'll be, it ain't just Megaman music, there's Megaman style dissapearing blocks too. Points for adding a gameplay element I've never seen before in SRB2.
Low gravity platform hopping is fun.
Very solid and well made level. Tragic fact is that I found it a little slow and low energy for my liking, which lowers it in score, altough I would like to add that that's entirely because of my personal taste in gameplay rather then any mistakes of the level in an on itself.

11. Gate Garden Zone.
Oh, lovely color palette. Oh, custom enemies and custom objects.
Is the toy knight from Clockwork Knight? Can't tell.
I love me some point collecting.
Oh, working chains. Points for advance level tool usuage.
Rgh, darn these cauliflowers.
Oh, pretty animation of the fence opening.
High quality solid level. Only scores low because the level flow wasn't really there and I felt a little confused and lost too many times. Starts giving me a Doom engine headache. Other then level flow, it's top tier quality here.

12. Square city.
Oh hey, a city level, that's rare. Probably because it's challenging to come up with proper platform level design while still making it look like a funcional city. I see you took a page from Sa2's city escape in how to do it here.
Love the sloped hilly streets. Nice decoration too.
Yeah, fun and decent level, tough short and kind of missing in a sense of purpose in a way. But I had a good time.

13. Azcant Ruin.
Underwater maze? Oh, you have guts. Creating an uphill battle to win the competition with those.
Love the fancy intro camera effect, altough since it's playable, Sonic always moves awkwardly trough it. Kinda reminds me of Sonic 06's automatic sections. Still, points for the effect, I rarely see it done.
Oh, and text prompts too. Points for the effort.
Spinning spikes? Points for getting those to work.
The first underwater section is a pain, phew.
But then I figured out you can skip the entire first half by rolling down the slope during the start cutscene. Suck it, submerged maze.
The open Ocean section is fun at the end. But boy, does the second half of the level have a completely diffrent atmosphere then the first half. Perhaps using a change in music would have indicated it's a stylistic choice, now it feels a bit weird.

14. Alabaster fountain.
Well, there's a relaxing atmosphere.
Hmm, white/ blue coor palette. Usually I dislike that combination with the usual ice levels, but here it kinda works being more an exotic palace temple. Altough by the end I do wish there was more color usage, if only more of the blue sky.
Shame about all the graphical glitches. These are always a pain and hard to stomp out, I know. Never seen it as persistant as here, tough.
You get a lot of mileage out of the same mechanics and rooms. Impressive, does give your level a more specific theme then most other levels have, and all rooms do have a unique look and direction to them. And you get a lot of use out of them moving fences. That was a nice level gimmick too.
But in the end, it doesn't quite have the energy I like in my Sonic levels, even if that's by design.

15. Knothole coast.
Oof, sorry this one ranks so low, there's nothing particularly wrong with it. Graphics are nice, it's a neat tip of the had to SRB history.
Moving chains, nice advance mastery of tools.
It's a decent litle romp. Just really short, the 2d feels kind of pointless and would have been nicer if it imitated the original SRB gameplay more. And the start section looks a bit claustrophobic.
It's a fine level, but unlike the others, there isn't anything particularly unique I can point out from it, hence why it's low.
Altough it seems I missed some easteregg.

Circuit

1. Electric Avenue Zone
Love the level theme.
Nice rhytm to the track.
Smart use of shortcut for the other characters.

2.Caldron Cavern Zone
Another fun theme, tough less so.
Nice texturing.
oh, rotating platforms. Well done making those work.
Might have been a better level then Electric Avenue, but I fear you made it a little too complicated, where missing your marks would punish the player too much.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back