• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic X (X-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heeeeeey Paper Peach by Kirby Mania also deserves some love :trol:
Also gonna bump this YET AGAIN because you people just can't stop talking.
Dude, you're right about this, but I can't stop thinking about this mod. I'm curious. As a result, it's not just me, everyone else is wondering, of course, I have great respect for Blueblur, I mean, he's making a masterpiece that's free for us. In this case, we shouldn't put too much pressure on him, we shouldn't hide it, even though it's necessary, even though it's difficult... ..

Addon creators can, and should, take their time to make their work as cool and neat as possible. Please be patient.
Alright, so, seeing the state the thread's in, I decided it'd probably be good to collate all the info BlueBlur has put out about X Sonic so far. Unbury all of it, so to say. As a disclaimer, I have nothing to do with BlueBlur or the mod's development. I just think this would be a good thing to do. So here we go:

First and foremost, X Sonic will be releasing sometime in 2024. Not March, not April, not May or June or July. Just Sometime. Do not ask for anything more specific. Do not pester BlueBlur about it- or about anything else, in fact. Keep in mind he and GoldenShine are working on the mod in their free time, for fun- and to bring fun to all of you- unpaid. Be grateful it exists at all, be patient, wait, and chill with the rampant speculation and questions. You're only burying the actual info behind pages and pages of essentially nothing, as it is, which only makes people ask more unneeded questions. Go do something else, play with Adventure Sonic or SMS or something. Play SRB2 instead of asking questions that won't get answered!

With that out of the way, here's the trailer.
Snap Dive is X Sonic's Jump ability, a homing attack allowing him to bound off enemies, projectiles, and certain other objects like checkpoints. If you fall a large distance before using it, you'll get a proportionally large bounce upward.
Zip Dash is X Sonic's grounded Spin ability, and can also be used via Custom 1. In function, it's like an instant spindash with a drift button. On releasing Spin, X Sonic blasts off at a top speed run, and will spin through any badnik in his way, but you sacrifice most directional control while running, like a normal SRB2 spindash. Hold Spin/Custom 1 and you'll go into the drifting state, allowing you to realign yourself and travel in a new direction on release. You can also tap Spin/Custom 1 to make quicker redirects. If you jump out of a Zip Dash, you'll launch off before slowing down mid-air and exiting Zip Dash state. The Zip Dash is also capable of breaking spikes, and lets X Sonic run on water.
Wall Running happens automatically when X Sonic does a Zip Dash, then jumps at a wall. He'll go further up the faster he was travelling beforehand, and you can jump off whenever you like. You can also use this to climb trees, and you can chain Wall Runs between multiple walls.
The Sonic Kick is the main 'combat' ability of X Sonic. It's used by initiating a Snap Dive with Jump, then pressing Spin before landing it. It can be used to reflect projectiles and break spikes.
Ring Burst is performed by holding Spin in midair- assuming you have sufficient rings. It consumes rings in order to allow you to practically fly across the act at high speed, destroying anything in your way. If you don't have rings, you can't do it.
X Sonic will have rail grinding sprites. For what exactly, BlueBlur hasn't specified. I know of certain mods that put them to use, but if they'll be used within X Sonic standalone is unknown.
X Sonic will have voice acting. You can choose between his English VA, Jason Griffith, and his Japanese VA, Jun'ichi Kanemaru.
X Sonic comes with a custom color called "Sonniku". He'll come with other colors, all with names based on Japanese ones.
When X Sonic goes Super, he'll be able to fly, and his theme will be Sonic Drive. BlueBlur hasn't released any other info about the form's unique points.
As of present, BlueBlur has not confirmed the inclusion- or exclusion- of Dark Sonic. One sprite from a few years ago exists. Nothing else is known, and most likely you'll have to wait until the character is done to find out if the form exists within the mod at all.

The unique map shown briefly in the X Sonic trailer is known as Infiltration Fortress, being based on Eggman's base from the first episode of Sonic X. BlueBlur stated he didn't know if it would be part of X Sonic, or released separately, but he did say he wants to put it out at some point, at least.

BlueBlur has mentioned wanting to do 'something' for Nazo in the mod, but he doesn't know what, and that it'd have to be in a later update.

X Sonic won't have SRB2Persona support provided by BlueBlur or GoldenShine- BlueBlur did say he'd do art for it if someone did want to make it, though.

At the start of the year, X Sonic was approximated at 75-80% complete. At the start of February, BlueBlur said he was nearly finished with all of X Sonic's sprites, though he also mentioned progress was "kind of slow". Keep in mind that there's still no specific release date beyond "this year", and refrain from asking for a specific release date.
BlueBlur has also kept quiet since the start of February. Don't expect to hear from him before the mod's complete. Whether he does say more before then is up to him, though.

I think that's all of the relevant info BlueBlur's released. If I missed something, feel free to mention it- or check BlueBlur's message history yourself, like I did, to get the details straight from the source. Elsewise, I agree it'd be best to let the thread rest now. If you keep speculating and asking about whatever, you'll just bury the actual info people might be looking for again!
NO YOU'RE WORNG! IF YOU THINK I'M GONNA WAIT UNTILL AUGUST FOR THE MOB TO RELESE, THEN YOU MUST BE OUT OF YOUR MIND!!

NO YOU'RE WORNG! IF YOU THINK I'M GONNA WAIT UNTILL AUGUST FOR THE MOB TO RELESE, THEN YOU MUST BE OUT OF YOUR MIND!!
I'm honestly not sure if this response is a joke or not, this is such an entitled and childish message I wouldn't blame anyone into thinking your breaking rule 1 if you catch my drift here, like everyone else here you can play other mods or other games to wait out the time.

better yet you DON'T need to wait for this mod, who said you were REQUIRED to? you can choose to ignore this entirely yet you speak like this, I don't like talking in this thread anymore because I want it to simmer off peacefully, but kids like you (not trying to say your a child but from the way you act lets just say you are for the sake of the "argument") are the reason why people want this thread to die.

For everyone's sake... :oh: please never do this again, in fact never touch a keyboard again if your like this everywhere for that matter.

Last edited:
Sounds like someone is impatient
Modders have life's too y'know? You can't rush them bcs you can't wait for a mod to release
All you can do is to be patient and stop begging for a release date as the usual release date here is
When it's done™️

Mate, You're acting like a baby, Quit it. If you wanna cry about it, Go ahead, But do NOT do it here, Go cry somewhere else, Nobody is forcing you to wait, If you do not want to, Don't. And lastly, Act mature and get your spelling checked. People like you bring great disgrace to our favorite Master Board, And you acting like... THIS, Is not helping the mod go faster.

I agree with him, waiting all this time for the mod then playing it just for the mod not having that much content than it should've gotten makes it harder to play again
This doesnt mean am not excited for it to release tho

They most likely misinterpreted my words. What I meant was, X Sonic has no specific release date beyond "2024." It could come out today... and it could come out December 31st. None of us know and I personally doubt BlueBlur and Golden Shine have got more than a loose projection of when. Ergo, be patient rather than asking about it nonstop. A more specific answer does not exist.

Okay how about this? When I seen modern sonic version 6s trailer I searched the mod up every day to see if it came out until more sonic news came around and I basically forgot about it so do what I did and try replaying official sonic games like frontiers or the classic trio and you'll eventually forget about the mod and time will flow faster and boom the mod releases without you realizing it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 1, Guests: 2)

Back