SONIC WITH DIFFERENT CHARACTER ABILITYS IN SOFTWARE MODE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I descovered this on a SSB:SS game. How? My friend was somehow muted
and I axidentlly pressed up when opening the console then i typed mute to see if it was muted.
This can be acessed with SSB:SS or Single Player in devmode. Other EXEs are still currentlly being tested

How to get a flying Sonic in single player:
Press ` and type:
Code:
DEVMODE
Code:
Skin Tails
Then
Code:
Skin TailsMute
Code:
DEVMODE

How to get a Gliding and Climbing Sonic in single player:
Press ` and type:
Code:
DEVMODE
Code:
Skin Knuckles
Then
Code:
Skin KnucklesMute
Code:
DEVMODE

How to get a Ability from a custom character in single player:
Press ` and type:
Code:
DEVMODE
Code:
Skin character
Then
Code:
Skin characterMute
Code:
DEVMODE
The character thing is the name of the character.

Doing it in SSB:SS is easy, all you do is:
Code:
skin character
skin charactermute
Insted of doing devmode

FAQ

Q: Why does it say
Code:
skin tailsmute not found
or
Code:
skin knucklesmute not found
or
Code:
skin charactermute not found
to all the other players as well as you in a SSB:SS game? Note that character is any character that you type.
A: Cause its in a netgame.

MORE FAQ TO COME!

This isn't just the ability, but the skin's stats as well. Meaning if you choose a slow character, Sonic will be slow as well.

XD

Saying the truth, it's simpler. I did:

DEVMODE

SKIN TAILS

SKINTAILSXXXXXX

DEVMODE (***not needed)

... then I got a Tails-Super Sonic.

Seeing it, I'd guess it's a bug that happens when engine doesn't treat correctly "Skin not found" error. "Skin not found" will always happen when you mistype skinname and engine automatically replaces any skin by Sonic's one.

In DEVMODE=ON, if you mistype skinname, that error will happen, current skin is replaced, BUT not abilities. Probably, values of some variables that store abilities aren't being changed due to that error, then abilities remain.

I'm not a good programmer, I don't know C but I know some simpler languages. It's just some thoughts of mine.

EDIT:

Donovan the hedgehog said:
PLEASE DON'T MAKE SONIC OVERPOWERED WITH THIS!!!

A bit hard to get some "SONIC OVERPOWERED". It's just a bug that replaces skin only , but not abilities. It's the same char, but with a Sonic's look.

Another way to do this: Add a custom character that has an ability that isn't Sonic's. Save a game. Load the game without that WAD added, and you will have Sonic with that character's ability and color.

Dude, you didn't "discover" this glitch. It's been around since some of the earliest iterations of SSB:SS. All that happens is that the game goes WTFHAX when the skin is changed to one that doesn't exist, so it changes the frames to the default (in this case, Sonic) setting while retaining the abilities of the original character. It's not a "flying sonic", it's just tails abilities slapped on to Sonics frames.

EDIT: I should have read the other posts in this topic beforehand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back