Sonic Unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Warrior said:
So, Japan's release dates are getting screwed over? That's a first.

Theirs also no Jap PS2 version.......

I would've liked if they didn't even have a PS2 version in the first place,they toned down the Wii's potential mainly because of the Ps2.(Thanks a lot >_>)

Autosaver said:
Blue Warrior said:

I would've liked if they didn't even have a PS2 version in the first place,they toned down the Wii's potential mainly because of the Ps2.(Thanks a lot >_>)
Excuse me, but it doesn't mean that the PS2 is outdated that he should be throwed at the trash can, the PS2 is still alive because of the power that he has, it has games more better than the PS3. I have a PS2, not any other big console, and not having Sonic Unleashed when the game's good, would make me envious, and wait for a good PS2 emulator to play, which it'll take too much time. I didn't miss Sonic Riders: ZG, so why should I miss Sonic Unleashed?

Well, I pre-ordered Sonic Unleashed for Wii last night. Supposed to get here on, like, the 25th.

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
I hate CoD... I'd rather buy a bad Sonic game than that lame shooter. By the way, opinion, not fact.

Well, in my opinion, I want both games. I love both shooters and Sonic. Just not put together (lol ShTH.)

I said:
SuperSonicZX said:
Chisuun said:
It better be good. I'm getting CoD5 in case this game sucks.
Why?
I hate CoD... I'd rather buy a bad Sonic game than that lame shooter.
By the way, opinion, not fact.

EDIT: OOPS. Sorry, I'd rather play CoD over Sonic Labyrinth.
Fixed.

Oh and ShtH was actually pretty decent although the idea was quite strange. I mean, the gameplay wasn't that broken. At least not on the SNG level of failure.

It wasn't the gameplay that made me hate Shadow the Hedgehog, it was the horrible gimmicks they implemented in the levels. It never got through Mad Matrix because of that "Pop all the bombs without being able to see where the heck you're going" gimmick.

Brown the dog said:
Autosaver said:
Blue Warrior said:

Excuse me, but it doesn't mean that the PS2 is outdated that he should be throwed at the trash can, the PS2 is still alive because of the power that he has, it has games more better than the PS3. I have a PS2, not any other big console, and not having Sonic Unleashed when the game's good, would make me envious, and wait for a good PS2 emulator to play, which it'll take too much time. I didn't miss Sonic Riders: ZG, so why should I miss Sonic Unleashed?
The way I see it, the PS2 is still alive only because the PS3 isn't doing so hot. Fact of the matter is that PS2's a past-gen system now; its processing power is not comparable to that of any of three current competitors. The PS2 is getting old, so if you want to buy newer games, you'll have to keep up with the times before the system becomes obsolete.

I'll Begin said:
If I recall correctly, The Wii version still has superior graphics to the PS2 one. Like Star Wars TFU.

Not really,it was dumbed down....

If everyone thinks about it,what will happens if PS2 wasn't their anymore.
Better graphics,better game stuff*It had to fit the PS2>_>*and the Wii's graphics usually over Ps2 ports,they really don't upgrade the graphics maybe a tiny bit but not a lot.

Blue Warrior said:
The way I see it, the PS2 is still alive only because the PS3 isn't doing so hot. Fact of the matter is that PS2's a past-gen system now; its processing power is not comparable to that of any of three current competitors. The PS2 is getting old, so if you want to buy newer games, you'll have to keep up with the times before the system becomes obsolete.

But Sony made the crafty move of killing backwards compatibility in the PS3 so that the PS2 does not become obsolete. I also have a grudge against the PS2 for dumbing down multi-platform releases, and to hear Sony brag about being the only company with three systems on the market and then go about working with one and only one was problematic. I've been told be a Sony fanboy (diehard) that the PS2 is superior to the Wii because of the controls and it has the same graphics. I tried to argue that this was only because of lazy 3rd party companies but arguments usually end in "buy PS3" "No, PS3" or "Eww Nintendo".

To be fair, I want to get a PS3 for some of the games on there, but Sony's strategy with the system is not making me want it any more than before.

As for Sonic Unleashed on the next-gen consoles vs PS2 and Wii, I'm afraid that Wii is going to be a PS2 port, but that the most its going to amount to is lowered visuals and a little freer gameplay. Force Unleashed was one special circumstance where the lack of clutter in the Wii actually made it superior to the next-gen versions if you are not buying it purely for the physics engines.

I do hope that the Wii version doesn't end up half-baked, but with a different company with a good reputation handling it, I don't think I should worry about it being broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back