Sonic Unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Yo! I'm back with some information that people have apparently ignored even though it was announced.
SEGA bought the Unreal 3 Engine!
You know they'll use that in the game, right?

I found that a week or two on segas website. :/

Blue Warrior said:
Dr.Pepper said:
*rolls on the floor laughing*
Honestly, this is the Sonic Team's saddest attempt yet, this has to be a joke.
I'm pretty sure you didn't even read up on the game, because you said this was Sonic Team's saddest attempt. If you're going to state an opinion, at least get the developer right.
I HAVE been reading up on the game, that's how I found out Sonic would transform into Were sonic at night. Also, I don't think the gameplay is going to suck, I have high hopes for that, but the game's plot is what I'm questionable about.
Well that's news to me, is the Sonic Team no longer good enough to make SONIC games? The Sonic Team is usually the developer, while SEGA is the publisher, or at least that's how it normally works.
Blue Warrior said:
I don't think Sega was worrying about plot this time around as much as they were gameplay. Think about it. The werehog is going to be slow and strong while Sonic in general is fast paced. Don't you think that'll add some gameplay elements? Granted, we haven't seen any videos of Beast Sonic in action, but if Sega can finally polish Sonic's gameplay, Beast Sonic just might be a fine gimmick.
That's a BIG duh Blue warrior, how fast did you read my post?
I wasn't saying it was a bad idea, I just said it would be great if Sonic could choose to be Were Sonic at one point in the story, just like Link in Twilight Princess. Obviously, one could be busy running through the level, then a wall or huge enemy stands in the way, turn into were sonic, beat the shit out the enemy, turn back to normal, dash off.
Also about the story, it is something to worry about! Forgot about Sonic 06? It's story was so HORRIBLE, that besides the terrible bugs and useless tutorial levels, G4 gave it a 1 out of 5! Those of us who practically grew up playing Nintendo games will naturally expect a lot out of a game's story, and will boo any such game that does not meet that requirement. Although as long as the story isn't rotting garbage like Sonic 06, I don't care.
True the gameplay will be good and make the game worth keeping on the shelf, no doubt, they have worked 3 years perfecting their own 3D graphics engine, why waste it?
Blue Warrior said:
I'm dumbstruck. This isn't even worth addressing.
Your probably right. But it is basically the equivalent of one of the Ninja turtles turning into a rabbit, at least when Link turned into a wolf, he was still a mammal!
Blue Warrior said:
Oh, cry me a river.
Thanks for taking me so literally, I was just joking, but there is a possibility we might get overrun with requests for or Cheap Sonic edits made in slight resemblance of Were Sonic.

Dr.Pepper said:
Blue Warrior said:
Dr.Pepper said:
*rolls on the floor laughing*
Honestly, this is the Sonic Team's saddest attempt yet, this has to be a joke.
I'm pretty sure you didn't even read up on the game, because you said this was Sonic Team's saddest attempt. If you're going to state an opinion, at least get the developer right.
I HAVE been reading up on the game, that's how I found out Sonic would transform into Were sonic at night. Also, I don't think the gameplay is going to suck, I have high hopes for that, but the game's plot is what I'm questionable about.

If it doesn't hurt the gameplay, I don't see the big deal. Plus, the exact details of the plot have yet to be revealed until the game's released, so I wouldn't be too sure about its unoriginality. Besides, I don't think Sega will be pulling another Sonic 360 on us again. It definitely sounded like Sega learned its lesson.

Well that's news to me, is the Sonic Team no longer good enough to make SONIC games? The Sonic Team is usually the developer, while SEGA is the publisher, or at least that's how it normally works.
I read up on it again; it looks like I have egg on my face. Yeah, this is Sonic Team; except, if I remember correctly, it's not just from the subpar branches of developers like what we've been given on other recent Sonic games. Disregard my earlier comment on that, I'm an idiot.

Blue Warrior said:
I don't think Sega was worrying about plot this time around as much as they were gameplay. Think about it. The werehog is going to be slow and strong while Sonic in general is fast paced. Don't you think that'll add some gameplay elements? Granted, we haven't seen any videos of Beast Sonic in action, but if Sega can finally polish Sonic's gameplay, Beast Sonic just might be a fine gimmick.
That's a BIG duh Blue warrior, how fast did you read my post?
I wasn't saying it was a bad idea, I just said it would be great if Sonic could choose to be Were Sonic at one point in the story, just like Link in Twilight Princess. Obviously, one could be busy running through the level, then a wall or huge enemy stands in the way, turn into were sonic, beat the **** out the enemy, turn back to normal, dash off.

Yet I still think it shouldn't be done. Both versions of Sonic will be getting their own level designs -- the hedgehog's specifically for speed, and the werehog's specifically for... well, y'know. Can you imagine Beast Sonic going through a loop?

Also about the story, it is something to worry about! Forgot about Sonic 06? It's story was so HORRIBLE, that besides the terrible bugs and useless tutorial levels, G4 gave it a 1 out of 5! Those of us who practically grew up playing Nintendo games will naturally expect a lot out of a game's story, and will boo any such game that does not meet that requirement. Although as long as the story isn't rotting garbage like Sonic 06, I don't care.
Nintendo games? Mario's been constantly giving us the "save the princess" marathon while Link has collected sixty Master Swords throughout the series. I don't think being a Nintendo oldbie has any relevance.

I'll agree that if the story's absolutely grotesque, I probably won't want to play the game. Otherwise, I wouldn't give a rat's ass. On the other hand, a good story is icing on the cake.

True the gameplay will be good and make the game worth keeping on the shelf, no doubt, they have worked 3 years perfecting their own 3D graphics engine, why waste it?

In your previous post, it sounded like you were bashing the game simply because it has a werehog ordeal in it. With the new 2-minute gameplay footage we recently got, I don't think it's worth ranting how a werehog produces a bad plot.

Blue Warrior said:
I'm dumbstruck. This isn't even worth addressing.
Your probably right. But it is basically the equivalent of one of the Ninja turtles turning into a rabbit, at least when Link turned into a wolf, he was still a mammal!

Sonic is a hedgehog. Hedgehogs are mammals.

:\

Blue Warrior said:
Oh, cry me a river.
Thanks for taking me so literally, I was just joking, but there is a possibility we might get overrun with requests for or Cheap Sonic edits made in slight resemblance of Were Sonic.
Even so, I couldn't care in the slightest. The master server netgames we get suck anyway; it's not like Wurwoof could fail any worse than SMS and Darkspine Sonic wads .

Speaking of super-saiyan, Sonic 2 already covered that spin-off, so such an argument would be invalid anyways.

(this has been discussed on the previous page, but I have a comment for it)
On the topic of the Sonic-designed lands, they only made sense on Mobius. It's a whacky planet with talking animals. Earth is a place with civilized humans in cities and towns. Mixing these ideas just won't work.

On the talk of the game:
The level design doesn't look good. Sonic Rush Adventure's design needed no platforming, jumping, or skill. It just called for holding down the B Button and holding forward. I hope this game has some classic-styled platforming, like the swinging ropes on Angel Island Zone.

Karuno said:
(this has been discussed on the previous page, but I have a comment for it)
On the topic of the Sonic-designed lands, they only made sense on Mobius. It's a whacky planet with talking animals. Earth is a place with civilized humans in cities and towns. Mixing these ideas just won't work.

Y'know, I was just thinking about the same exact thing not too soon ago.

I agree though, it's like having Mario in our environment which wouldn't make sense.

Blue Warrior said:
Sonic is a hedgehog. Hedgehogs are mammals.
I apologize for the brain fart Blue Warrior, I kinda got rodents/mammals mixed not having slept a wink in two consecutive days. No, really, but I bet I'll actually fall asleep tonight, lol I'm tired.
Blue Warrior said:
Yet I still think it shouldn't be done. Both versions of Sonic will be getting their own level designs -- the hedgehog's specifically for speed, and the werehog's specifically for... well, y'know. Can you imagine Beast Sonic going through a loop?
What? Each will be getting their own levels? I thought they might pull a Sonic Heroes thing, and have combat sequences in-between each section of the stage, but it actually sounds better this way.

Blue Warrior said:
Nintendo games? Mario's been constantly giving us the "save the princess" marathon while Link has collected sixty Master Swords throughout the series. I don't think being a Nintendo oldbie has any relevance.
Your right about the relevance, it wasn't worth bringing up, and I'm definitely tired of Mario.(although, not tired of Zelda) But despite Nintendo literally remixing their old franchises for each new console, they have been trying to do some new things. Look at Metroid, Geist, Paper-Mario, Wind-'breaker'...ect...enough said.

Blue Warrior said:
I'll agree that if the story's absolutely grotesque, I probably won't want to play the game. Otherwise, I wouldn't give a rat's ass. On the other hand, a good story is icing on the cake.
I agree, Sonic Adventure's story was poorly written and badly animated, but Sonic's and Amy's levels were fun, and I still kept my DC disk just for that and stuck to the level select menu.

Blue Warrior said:
Even so, I couldn't care in the slightest. The master server netgames we get suck anyway; it's not like Wurwoof could fail any worse than SMS and Darkspine Sonic wads .
I don't care much for net games much myself, but I really enjoy coop every time, when I can find a good server. =) Your right, we've gotten used to HMS, SMS, and other overpowered WADs, a 'wher woof' Sonic isn't going to much different.

Blue Warrior said:
In your previous post, it sounded like you were bashing the game simply because it has a werehog ordeal in it. With the new 2-minute gameplay footage we recently got, I don't think it's worth ranting how a werehog produces a bad plot.
That footage was awesome. If the game play is good enough, in the long run, it shouldn't actually kill the fun of playing the game itself. I was overreacting when I first saw that picture of Were Sonic, sorry about that.

Dr.Pepper said:
Blue Warrior said:
I agree, Sonic Adventure's story was poorly written and badly animated, but Sonic's and Amy's levels were fun, and I still kept my DC disk just for that and stuck to the level select menu.

I'd say the story was actually pretty decent, compared to the previous games where you had to read the manual to find out how it goes. But yeah, it was horribly animated annd killed my eyes to watch Sonic's triangle-toothed mouth slowly open and close in the cutscenes. On another note, it was annoying how Sonic Team changed the dialogue depending on which character you used. The gameplay itself was incredible, I loved the level design, probably the only bad parts are when BSODs attack you forevermore.

In my opinion, in the newest video, it doesn't look like you do much controlling of sonic, just pressing a direction on the controller so Sonic will do everything else. Sure the graphics are good, but they could just be pulling another "Next Gen" on us.

Pause on plenty of parts of the video, and you'll be surprised at how many various paths branch off from the main one. And I'm pretty sure the player had to do some button pressing at certain times to keep up to speed and/or stay on the path that he was.

Also, remember at the end of the movie when there were flying robots in front of Sonic? Apparently, the flying robots were shooting large laser beams, and you had to bash ground robots into them before the beams reached you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back